PR/Marketing/Media InternDamask Love
Pack Up + Go Summer Design InternshipPack Up + Go
Graphic Designer InternFV MAGAZINE
(((*SPRING INTERNSHIP* ))) -- - WE NEED A GIFTED - GRAPHIC DESIGNERNext Level Publishing
Social Media & Community Management InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Startup seeking experienced DesignerCanal
Graphic Design Intern (Virtual)Producers vs Show
Graphic Design InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Posted: April 27 2016
Company Location: Jersey City, NJ
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJersey City Councilman for Ward D, Michael Yun is looking for responsible and energetic individuals for an unpaid internship opportunity. Internships require a minimum of a one-semester (or summer season) commitment. Hours are flexible (M-F 10am-6pm, some weekends during the day).
Please check with your institution for information on credit eligibility for internships.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. While this position is unpaid, we will provide you with lunch, a unique educational experience, and a reference for future employment upon completion of your responsibilities. Applicants must have their own computer to work on.
**We prefer that our interns work directly in our office. However, we are willing to consider virtual candidates ONLY if their work is outstanding. Virtual candidates must be able to work on tight deadlines and adapt their work as necessary. Virtual candidates must also commit to 1-2hr meetings at least twice per week via Skype or other video calling platform.**
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SEND DIGITAL PORTFOLIO, RESUME, AND COVER LETTER TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities- Helping the Councilman develop his visual presence on both digital and printed platforms
- Creating original and improving upon existing visual materials, logos, fonts, and other materials
- Working with the social media team to creating a unified style and visual brand that effectively communicates the Councilman's platform and identity to the public (in particular, to the various, diverse communities which comprise the city of Jersey City)
- Developing our street-level office display, which includes a projected digital sign (for which graphics must be created) a 60-inch LED display for photos, and printed materials
- Researching, gauging public response, and (if necessary) adapting the Councilman's visual identity to fit the needs of his platform
- Further relevant responsibilities TBA
Requirements- We are looking for individuals who demonstrate excellent graphic design abilities, an adaptable visual aesthetic
- Applicant must have a strong and reliable sense of the messaging behind colors, fonts, and visual elements, and an awareness of the current media and graphic design landscape in the US (international awareness a plus)
- Photoshop, Illustrator, other media creation software skills necessary. Applicant should own or have direct access a copy of their preferred software
- Applicant must be able to research, emulate, and create new visual design strategies; an awareness of the design strategies behind modern political campaigns preferred
- Undergraduate and graduate students majoring in any visual arts or design field a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of all relevant social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), and a sharp sense of social media strategy and their corresponding graphic requirements (e.g. optimal resolution and file types to use for images being posted to Facebook as opposed to Instagram, etc.)
- Applicant must have ability to create high-quality graphics for both digital and printed use
- Should be able to learn new design software with relative ease
- Demonstrated initiative to see projects through to completion, must be a fast worker
- Interest in community and political affairs a plus
Send portfolio, resume, and cover letter to Aliya Zlotkin at email@example.com
Subject Line: Ward D Councilman Internship