Graphic Design Marketing Intern (2016-2145)Daktronics Inc.
Paid Graphic Design InternshipsVOX Global
Graphic Design Internship with Production CompanyEmporia Entertainment
Graphic Design InternMogul Mommies Inc.
Graphic Design InternOviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Graphic Design InternFortress Consulting Group
Graphic Design Intern (FASHION - COLLEGE CREDIT)The Stylist Online
Graphic Design InternPeacelovebeauty
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Center for Health Justice
900 Avila St #301
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: April 01 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInterested in using your skills to design for good? Want to use your creativity to help people in extreme need? Looking for a mentally stimulating and fulfilling internship?
Center for Health Justice (CHJ) serves people impacted by incarceration, providing health education and support that act as a bridge to a productive life. Headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles, CHJ views incarceration as a period of opportunity, developing health promotion strategies and innovative programming for incarcerated and recently released individuals, their family members, and partners.
Opportunity/Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
CHJ’s volunteer internship opportunities provide students with a work environment where they can gain real-world experience collaborating with professionals from various disciplines, while simultaneously helping people in extreme need. CHJ is seeking an individual with various design-related skills to join our team as a volunteer intern. Unique learning and training opportunities include:
- Access to professional networks
- Creating marketing materials (e.g. brochures, fliers, educational materials)
- Conceptualizing and designing your own project based on your creativity, skill set, expertise and passion.
- Collaborating with CHJ’s Communications Specialist on projects
Intern candidates are expected to:
- Commit at least 7 hours per week (flexible schedules)
- Use his/her personal laptop and email for all internship work.
**Please note this is a volunteer internship and is unpaid**
- Creative and reliable
- Well-versed in the Adobe Creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.)
- Exceptional organization skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Tolerance of people facing very difficult life circumstances, including issues of incarceration, social disenfranchisement, HIV, sexuality, race, domestic violence, and substance use required.
Formerly incarcerated individuals are welcome to apply.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter by e-mail, fax, or mail to:
Fax: (213) 229-0986
No phone calls please.