Graphic Design Intern - Summer 2017Eileen Fisher
Graphic Design InternComal County Habitat for Humanity
Graphic DesignerBeloved Streets of America
(((*FAST-PACED INTERNSHIP* ))) -- - WE NEED A GIFTED - GRAPHIC DESIGNERNext Level Publishing
Graphic Design InternRCD Capital LLC
Graphic Design InternCaitlin Strate
Graphics / Website Designer InternA Dream Group
Video Production & Graphic Design InternshipPhiladelphia Freedoms
Graphic Design & Production InternBookmark This
6469 3rd Street
Posted: October 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNorasack Design is a unique, award-winning graphic design studio, located in Alexandria, Virginia just outside of Washington, DC. We provide creative solutions in logos & branding, print, marketing and website development. Founded in 1990 by Norasack Pathammavong, the studio has served a wide range of international, national and local clients.
We are looking for a qualified Graphic Design & Production intern to join our small close-knit team. Be a part of the process from concept to creation through production. Our creative team wants to help you grow as a designer, build up your strengths, and improve on your weaknesses. We want you to walk with away not only with valuable experience, but also as a better designer.
The ideal candidate must be self motivated, take initiative, and be a forward thinker with a strong knowledge and interest in the industry. This position is perfect for a recent grad or upperclassman looking to break into and experience all sides of the industry. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team and can be full time or part time depending on the individual.
In addition to immersion in the design & production process, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in these fields and more:
- Web design
- Social Media
- Web Development
- Copy Writing
- Account Management
Let us know if there's an area of the industry you are particularly interested in and we'll work with you to give you the most rewarding experience here at Norasack Design. We encourage you learn new skills and explore your passions.
Compensation: This internship is unpaid. We will work on a flexible schedule and parking will be provided. Course credit will be given if appropriate school paperwork is supplied.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include but not limited to:
1) Providing support to the Designer and Art Director in the design and development process
2) Exercise creative thinking on logo creation, imagery, and branding projects
3) Writing targeted copy for projects
4) Proposing social media ideas, blogging, and writing about your lessons and experiences
6) Keep pace with studio design standards and daily tasks
7) Attend client meetings when possible
8) Create, practice and present client pitches
RequirementsRequirements for candidates include:
1) A BA or working towards a BA in : Graphic Design, Communications, Advertising or related fields
2) Be self driven. Shows strong initiative!
3) Be a team player and willing to work in a fast paced environment
4) Open to constructive criticism and feedback
5) Substantial understanding of design principles
6) Respect towards responsibilities and deadlines
7) Excellent oral and written communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills
8) Be comfortable with social media
* Experience with graphic design software not required but preferred