Graphic Designer Intern NYCBookmark This
Posted: May 09 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFV magazine endeavors to showcase the work of some of the world's best artisans and emerging photographers, stylists, and writers to create a forum that inspires the passionate about the beauty of pop culture, to devour and contribute to its dialogue.
FV is a composite of the visual, textual and technological elements that define a great periodical. Our pages present a rich content on celebrity interviews, high profile models and the creative icons of our time, interspersed with exclusive features and smart, seductive editorial stories.
With offices in NY, PARIS & RIO, FV has always completed the task of featuring exclusive interviews with pop culture and the music industry's trendsetters in terms of sound, image and statement.
Published 4 times a year [+ 2 FV Men issue ], it is rapidly establishing a high reputation for its cutting edge interviews, constant original concepts and visuals.
FV Magazine focuses on the trendsetters in the fields of High Fashion, Beauty, arts/culture and music. It examines the "life well lived" by those that inspire and not only brings their experiences to the reader, but uses technology to take the viewer even further into those worlds, blending literature, philosophy, architecture, travel to create original content .
To keep every issue on the cutting edge, FV is constantly developing affiliations with top trends and fashion media outlets, blogs, podcasts, prints press and websites.
This internship is remote and unpaid. Candidates should be available a minimum of 10 hours/week and a 3 month commitment is preferred. There is the opportunity to receive school credit for this internship.
Responsibilities- Utilize layout software to assemble text, photographs and other content in an aesthetically pleasing and easy-to-read arrangement
- Responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact
- Interpreting the editor's needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Meet with editor in order to discuss the appearance of the upcoming issue
- Decide on typeface and fonts for magazine’s cover and headlines
- Decide how visuals and articles will be tied together
- Decide which type of artwork and other visuals will be used for each story
- Involved with designing layout of company website
This is an incredible opportunity for your work to be put into live practice, everything you do will be directly applied to company and you will be directly involved with the day to day operations of the magazine.
Requirements- Excellent abilities with graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Able to work closely in a team
- Enjoy combining creativity with technical work
- Able to schedule and prioritize tasks, and you have excellent attention to detail
- Interested in solving complicated publication layout issues, such as balancing advertisements with content
- Interested in working with computers as well as collaborating with others
- Knowledge of media, typography, and portfolio development
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to visualize the final product during the design process
- Must also be able to work independently
- Must be able to take vague ideas from Editor-in-chief and turn it into a reality