Freelance Graphic Designer for Cookbooks! Newbies & Students are welcome to apply! Immediate Start!Individuality Books
Graphic Design InternSilvacom
Graphic Design InternshipLas Vegas Productions
Graphic Design InternZAG Group of Companies
Graphic Design InternNational MS Society, New Jersey Metro Chapter
Graphic Design InternshipS.C.
Internship for Graphic Designer757 Media
Graphic / Web Design InternBookmark This
45 Stratford Avenue
Posted: December 16 2014
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are a boutique graphic design studio with a small office in NYC, a home based studio in South Jersey and three telecommuting designers in Chicago, Oregon & San Francisco. We have been in business for over 15 years doing work for a myriad of clients in every type of print and online media. While many of our clients need a clean corporate look. we always try to mix in some fun, edgy work be it for a start-up, arts group, or pro-bono campaign.
This internship would be in South Jersey working directly with the principal of the company. This office has only the principal and an assistant so there would be daily interactions at the top level. This spring, along with assisting on projects as they come in, you would be assisting in designing and developing the company website and producing a school yearbook. We also have a large political client out of NY and there will be many jobs in that vain that you would be able to work on from start to finish.
I am looking for someone who can use Creative Suite programs on the Mac, has some experience with Wordpress, and some understanding of social media layouts, posts and marketing placements. Candidates will want to bring their creative ideas to a studio where they can show them to the hands-on principal and work out projects from conception to completion.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, will have the opportunity to take charge of some projects from conception
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong communication skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
- Create cutting edge social media layouts
- Design email blasts and online publications
- Assist with the design and development of our company website
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate in Fine Arts program/Graphic Design or Web Design
- Experience with Adobe CS programs
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and some experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of Wordpress
- Knowledge of Social Media page layouts, postings and SEO
- Must flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback
SkillsRequired - Graphic Design, Adobe Creative Suite
Preferred - Wordpress Design, SEO, Website Creation, Google Website Optimizer, Social Media