T-Shirt Design Project for Health-Lifestyle BlogHealth Wellness Lifestyle TV
Graphic Designer InternRebel Lifestyle Magazine
Graphic Design InternCorkerbec Ventures
SPRING 2017 GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIPThe Shark Group
Magazine Design InternshipLime Enterprises, LLC
Graphic Design InternLime Enterprises, LLC
Graphic Design InternBorres Productions
Graphic Design - Fashion IndustryMeripex Apparel
Margie Korshak, Inc. Fashion, Hospitality & Lifestyle Winter 2017 Graphic Design InternshipBookmark This
Margie Korshak Inc
875 North Michigan Avenue
Posted: October 10 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Fashion, Hospitality and Lifestyle Department of Margie Korshak, Inc. is currently accepting applications for a Photography & Graphic Design Intern. The Internship Program typically runs from January through May 2017. This program offers hands-on experience focused on the field of graphic design and photography. MKI internships are unpaid. Students may also receive school credit for our internship program.
About Margie Korshak, Inc.:
The passion and drive we have for the brands we represent are what make us thrive. The media ‘know-how’ and signature creativity that we add to our product is what differentiates our work in making our clients known.
For 47 years, MKI has been providing and continues to provide public relations for the “who’s who” across all markets. We have a distinguished and diversified clientele in the arenas of fashion and beauty, consumer products, food and restaurants, hospitality, nonprofit, real estate, sports and, of course, entertainment.
With esteemed brands and strong relationships, we are present at almost every major “happening” in Chicagoland and have daily involvement in every form of print, television, radio and online forums in the market.
We carry out results-oriented public relations campaigns, implemented by seasoned professionals, as well as full-service advertising and promotional campaigns, created by in-house experts.
How We Work:
• Margie Korshak, Inc. has a well-rounded staff including multiple departments such as account management, social media, special events, public relations, promotions and advertising. The agency operates under a team-centric philosophy, allowing clients to be served by a number of professionals with specific areas of expertise who have a heightened awareness of the current climate for media and promotional opportunities.
Interns are expected to:
• Receive instruction and hands-on experience doing entry-level public relations and social media work with relation to graphic design and photography in an agency setting.
• Work closely with the executive team.
• Understand the development and maintenance of brand standards for Margie Korshak, Inc. and its clientele.
• Craft creative graphics for the agency and clients that catch the eye.
• Practice photography and event management skills at client and media events.
• Hold to the same standards as an entry-level employee, practicing good judgment and professionalism on a daily basis.
Typical duties include:
• Attend various MKI events to take photos for internal and external use.
• Edit photos on platforms such as Photoshop.
• Work with creative lead to ensure each project is effectively supporting the brand image.
• Assist in image selection for use on websites, social channels, and print collateral.
Typical duties include:
• Utilize platforms within Adobe Suite such as Illustrator and InDesign to create graphics for Margie Korshak, Inc. and its clientele.
• Ensure creative alignment with branding and marketing strategies through design.
• Work on projects from start to finish (includes brainstorming concepts, organizing information, and approaching projects with basic marketing fundamentals in mind).
• Work on multiple design projects in various stages of development.
RequirementsRequirements to apply:
• Superior knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Experience creating images for web and print.
• Experience in photography.
• Strong eye for layout, typography and current design trends.
• Creative thinker, writer and problem solver.
• Must be a current full-time or part-time college student or a recent graduate.
• Must be available a minimum of two days per week, Mondays through Fridays (9am-5pm) required; occasional evening and weekend availability may also be required to assist with client events. Some remote work might be requested as well.
• Must possess a keen attention-to-detail and stellar organization skills.
• Must have a personal laptop with necessary tools.
• Must practice communicative and proactive approach to work.
• Must multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
• Do not call agency.
1. Like Margie Korshak Inc. on Facebook. (www.facebook.com/MargieKorshakInc)
2. Follow Margie Korshak Inc. on Twitter (@MargieKorshak).
3. Email resumes to email@example.com.
b. In the body of your email, include the following information/answers:
i. Include “Winter/Spring 2017 Photography & Graphic Design Internship” in email subject line
ii. What interests you about working at MKI?
iii. Please tell us about one item in your professional portfolio.