Art, Digital, & Graphics Designer/DeveloperEtching-It.com
Graphic Design InternFIT Worldwide
Graphic Design InternGlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK)
Graphic Design InternInkster
Graphic Design for Fashion Production CompanyKlickpicks
Graphic Design InternAspire. People. Performance. Profits
Graphic Design and Production AssistantThe Dandelion Patch
Content Creator (Motion Graphic Designer)Image Projections
Marketing/Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Posted: November 09 2015
Company Location: Revere, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
- College student or recent college graduate
- Candidate should be working toward a degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or Advertising.
- We currently have an amazing educational based internship available at MAKOMAS. This is an opportunity to learn the business from the ground up and gain real world experience, while earning college credit.
- The Marketing/Graphic Design Intern will work on a variety of graphic design projects including web & email graphics, press kits, and other materials, including social media. Intern will be able to gain valuable experience taking full responsibility of important design projects and deadlines, and will complete the internship with a portfolio of work created for and actively used by Makomas.
Details: Under general supervision, the Graphics Design/Marketing Intern will perform assignments of moderate complexity and support the marketing team. The Intern will design clear engaging graphic communications (both static and audiovisual) for print, web and social media.
- Applicants should be a current undergraduate or graduate student with experience (formal or informal) in graphic design.
- The Graphic Design and Marketing Internship is ideally suited to someone with a strong understanding of visual communications and design layout, and a sharp eye for detail.
- A clean, simple design aesthetic is preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) is required.
- Applicants should be creative and responsible self-starters, willing to conceptualize designs while working within the bounds of MAKOMAS style and brand guidelines.
- Applicants should be team players, organized and responsible, and excited to work with MAKOMAS as it expands and grows!
- Applicants should have relevant experience, or have taken course work in branding, design, and communications to be considered.
- Update and/or redesign current marketing pieces (including company information, pitch documents, event materials, website and social media graphics, flyers, posters, T-shirts and press kits among others)
- Assisting the manager in defining and distributing branding guidelines and template documents to team
- Regularly updating the Makomas.com with new, timely material
- Creating and editing content for social media streams as needed
- Assisting the team with special design projects, including special event collateral and websites for our various events
- Formatting and maintaining print, PDF, and online versions of all press
- Work closely with staff and interns to translate their messaging concepts into marketing materials.
- Manage video projects through compiling, editing and adding graphics to videos
- Ensure alignment of all publications, logos, and advertisements with Makomas style and brand guides
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop and/or other common design and layout applications
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
We’ll be extra impressed if you have:
- Video and photography skills
- Experience with video editing tools is an asset
- It would be a distinct advantage for the candidate to have skills in the creation of formulas and reports from Excel spreadsheet data to indicate marketing activity, awareness, and trends
- Knowledge of websites, HTML and/or WordPress are not necessary, but are considered a plus
- Experience with animated website graphics in HTML5 is preferred
Requirements- Has taken college level Graphic Design courses
- Basic knowledge of the print process Strong research skills
- Understands the principals of branding and collateral development
- Strong attention to detail
- Takes initiative, resourceful, passionate about social media
- Experience with social media, up to date on current trends
- Some background in writing or communications
- Must be extremely organized, attentive to detail, good listener
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team
- Must be able to define and work to deadlines
- Follows and takes direction well Innovative thinker, has ideas, likes to develop new ones
- Have access to graphic design and layout software
- Must send relevant portfolio or samples of work as part of application
SkillsRequired - Graphic Design, Adobe Photoshop, Graphic Design Software
Preferred - WordPress, HTML 5