Graphic Design InternGBS The Beauty Store
Graphic Design InternWell Woven, Inc.
GRAPHICS & DESIGN INTERNSHIPHealth Connexions
Graphic Design InternThe Oliver Gal Artist Co.
Graphic Design Intern at NYC StartupProject DragonFruit
Graphic Design InternshipCharleston Magazine
Internship: Graphic Design/Layout RemoteTrend Prive Magazine
Graphic Design Intern [FALL/WINTER 2016]Pepper Gang
WordPress UX InternshipBookmark This
Core + Craft
Posted: July 22 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWordPress Developer and Graphic Designer, Intern-to-Hire
Updated on August 8, 2015
Are you tired of working for a company that doesn’t value all of your skills? Do you wish you had more creative freedom? Are you looking for an opportunity to help build a savvy digital marketing agency with your project management and web development and design skills? Core + Craft, a digital marketing agency, is currently looking to build our expertise in search engine marketing, social media, mobile, local marketing & behavioral marketing.
We are seeking a part-time web developer/designer intern to improve our website development creative and functional prowess. In addition to interfacing with the Core + Craft team, this candidate will work directly with the marketing and communications director from concept to completion. Skill sets should include project management, organization, communication, thought leadership and expertise in web development & interface design. Strengths should demonstrate a dedication to excellence and a passion for execution.
The ideal candidate will have experience using WordPress within various projects. This role will allow the candidate an opportunity to showcase a complex and diverse project within their portfolio. We want a candidate who is ready to branch out and use their creative freedom on day one of their journey with us.
• This is an internship-to-hire opportunity. Please note, this internship is unpaid.
• Pending performance, option to transition to a paid position after 6 months may be offered
• We are willing to help you apply your internship towards college credit
• Intern must be ready to start working on projects independently on day one.
• Title is negotiable
• Flexible hours
• Work from home
• Intern must have access to personal computer, Google Hangouts and camera for virtual meetings, reliable internet and necessary programs
• Occasional team meetings are held in Addison/Carrollton area of the metroplex. If approved, you may virtually remote in for team meetings
• We are not able to provide employee sponsorship at this time or in the near future
About Core + Craft
As a start up formally formed in 2015, we help businesses and not-for-profits coordinate digital marketing initiatives to communicate succinct messages. With lead management and marketing automation we help our clients to speak with consistency, on time and on topic to your audience. Focused on brand equity, our designers and writers are committed to clearly communicating brand promise. For more on all we offer, http://www.coreandcraft.com/about-us
ResponsibilitiesKey Duties and Responsibilities
• Concept, design graphics and design architecture to UX best practices for WordPress sites
• Develop a library of WordPress templates
• Set up and maintain hosting of sites
• Work with the Content Intern and Digital Specialist Intern to then design graphics for various digital and print mediums.
• Code and implement WordPress sites from Photoshop layouts through html/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins
• Design and implement security features, code updates, new features, enhancements and content
• Create a reusable code and template library to streamline the WordPress development cycle
• Provide WordPress training and site documentation to Core + Craft members and clients
• Ensure WordPress sites are mobile ready
• Ensure design flow assists in reaching client goals such as facilitating relationships, driving purchases and enhancing
(Note: Must have all of the experience listed below)
• Be ready to spearhead project and work independently from day one
• Be able to commit 15 hours per week for a minimum 6 months or 2 semester terms
• 3+ years experience in web development and interface design (you may include enhanced school work)
• Strong knowledge of WordPress and graphic design
• Strong knowledge of graphic design programs Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Familiarity with UX and usability standards
• Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong attention to detail
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills:
• Familiarity with video for web
• Experience with dynamic, geo-related, data-driven and/or e-commerce
• Motion graphics and/or 3D skills
To apply, please go to our website at www.coreandcraft.com and fill out our application which is located under the Career page.
Preferred - 2D graphics, 3D graphics, Agile & Waterfall Methodologies, Motion Graphics