Are you looking for graphic design internships or entry level graphic design jobs? Individuals and businesses employ graphic designers to create visual communication pieces that convey messages or complex information. The advertising and manufacturing industry is a top employer of graphic designers, and utilizes their creative services for product promotion and packaging. The surge in freelance graphic designers and the shift away from graphic design firms has contributed to high price competition. As a result, revenues have fallen and profits have been stifled. In the coming years, new technology will open new market opportunities while also increasing global competition.
The Career Options
Typically, graphic designers work for graphic design firms or work as freelancers. Regardless of the approach, the profession is labor intensive and competitive. Typical projects could include the design of printed materials, point-of-sale displays, packaging, illustrations, and corporate identification. Graphic designers often develop a specialty such as web design, advertising, corporate branding, or print media design.
To be a graphic designer, you’ll need a bachelor’s degree in graphic design and a professional portfolio that demonstrates your creativity and originality. You can build your knowledge, skills, and professional portfolio through a graphic design internship. An internship will provide you with a great opportunity for learning skills such as concept development, prototype construction, and serial production. In a graphic design internship, you may assist experienced designers and work on independent projects.
The required skills for landing a graphic design internship include sketching abilities, knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, and communication skills. These internships come in many forms. For example, you could intern at an ad agency, a design studio, an NGO, or a corporate firm. Through an internship, you could be exposed to vector art image editing, 3D software, and/or data visualization, all of which would allow you to build important graphic design skills. Graphic designers are in demand and an internship will help ensure a good job placement in the future!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of graphic design jobs is expected to grow up to 1% over the next decade, which is slower than average.
Ready to get your career started? Search through our graphic design internships below.
Search For Graphic Design Internships
MORE 2017 GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIPS BY LOCATION
- Graphic Design Internships in Atlanta, GA
- Graphic Design Internships in Austin, TX
- Graphic Design Internships in Boston, MA
- Graphic Design Internships in Charlotte, NC
- Graphic Design Internships in Chicago, IL
- Graphic Design Internships in Dallas, TX
- Graphic Design Internships in Detroit, MI
- Graphic Design Internships in Houston, TX
- Graphic Design Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Graphic Design Internships in Miami, FL
- Graphic Design Internships in Minneapolis, MN
- Graphic Design Internships in Nashville, TN
- Graphic Design Internships in New York, NY
- Graphic Design Internships in Newark, NJ
- Graphic Design Internships in Orange County, CA
- Graphic Design Internships in Philadelphia, PA
- Graphic Design Internships in Phoenix, AZ
- Graphic Design Internships in San Diego, CA
- Graphic Design Internships in San Francisco, CA
- Graphic Design Internships in Washington, DC