Community Marketing InternshipBookmark This
American Cancer Society - Central Florida
1601 W Colonial Drive
DescriptionAre you looking for a learning opportunity that directly affects the community you live in? The following position is a non-paid student internship. This internship is an excellent opportunity for students who desire hands-on experience within the non-profit, program services, fundraising & special events arenas. To apply for this internship, please submit your resume to Dorothy Hardee at Dorothy.Hardee@cancer.org
The Community Marketing Intern’s role will be to support the Health Systems and Special Events staff in the planning and promote American Cancer Society Signature Programs and fundraising events in Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties.
Candidate must be energetic, a team player, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals. This internship requires a candidate with confidence in interpersonal communication, excellent writing skills, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with and affected by cancer.
About the American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service.
ResponsibilitiesAs an integral part of our team, the qualified candidate will work closely with the Mission Delivery Specialist, Health Systems team and Event Specialists to promote and recruit volunteers. Develop, contribute and distribute unit wide e-news letter to all volunteers; assist in website updates to keep them fresh and fun for volunteers; Use social networking media to promote events including Facebook, Linkedin, etc. Prepare a comprehensive guide for future students including media contacts, sites, etc.
The qualified candidate must:
• Be actively enrolled in undergraduate course work towards a degree in public relations, communications, marketing, public health or other related discipline;
• Must be familiar with the Social media opportunities within and around Central Florida, and demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Proficiency with Windows based operating systems, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Publisher, email, web browsers and basic computer skills required.
• Excellent time management and multitasking skills are also necessary.
• Self-starter, with positive attitude, ability to work in a team environment and able to communicate difficulties to supervisor and overcome challenges presented.
• Volunteer coordination/management experiences a plus.