Administrative Assistant Intern at a Holistic Health center in River NorthSource Healing
Front Office Person/ReceptionistVibrant Living Wellness Center
Personal trainerBills gym
Health and Wellness Enrollment Assistant Intern (Summer 2014)The Centers for Families and Children
Domus Family Advocacy Summer InternBookmark This
83 Lockwood Avenue
DescriptionSince 1972, Domus has helped thousands of our region’s most vulnerable youth and their families experience success. The love, structure, and support we provide at our charter schools, residential programs, and community programs enable our kids and families to reach their full potential. Our ability to build relationships helps kids and families who may be struggling in school or in life focus on their strengths and make good choices.
Our approach focuses on key life transitions—moving from elementary to middle school, middle to high school, and high school to skilled work, college, or vocational programs—which are critical to future success but are also when youth are most vulnerable.
Internship opportunities may include the following: research, analysis, review, program development, logistical, marketing, web, and administrative support. Visit our website for details.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities:
Projects: Boys/Girls Council and Psycho-education
- Research and gather effective group lessons that worked well from Family Advocates and compile/distribute among team
- Create a pamphlet, describing Girls/Boys Council and Psycho-education groups and why we utilize these interventions to distribute to potential referrals, new students and community
Family Advocacy Training and Development
- Research relevant best practice articles and distribute to team in thoughtful and planned way (i.e. group dynamics, motivational Interviewing, innovative trauma informed interventions)
- Help plan, organize and support summer Family Advocate trainings (publish agendas, make related copies, set up tech equipment, set up food, publish and collect feedback forms)
- Work with family advocate supervisors to contact program families to solicit feedback on family advocacy
Celebration of Successes
- Work with Family Advocates across programs to:
• Map out student birthdays on calendars and plan for celebrating
• Create plan for recognizing students for growth in attendance, behavior and social/emotional growth (i.e. certificates, wall of fame, etc.)
Project: Youth/Parent Contracting & Intake
- Under direction of Family Advocacy Stamford Public Schools team, create a youth contract for students outlining Family Advocacy, scope of work, and expectations for youth participants.
- Create a Sanctuary monthly theme calendar and corresponding quotes for the year that either highlights or includes specific activities staff should be doing to carry theme of the month in their day to day work
- Under the direction of the Family Advocacy Stamford Public Schools team, restructure referral forms that are site specific. This would require reviewing documented reasons for Stamford Public Schools youth referrals.
- Create an activity sheet that provides instructions for how to create safety plans with program youth.
Project: Stamford Public Schools Advisory Board
- Assist in developing a protocol for a new parent advisory board by:
o Researching a variation of advisory boards to help determine which type of board should be considered for creating. This include best practices for how to go about identifying board members, recruitment, recommended frequency of meetings, structure of each meetings, and outline of what time commitment would be for all individuals involved.
o Create and draft documents that would outline the responsibilities and roles of each person during each meeting.
• Committed to the Domus core principles and Sanctuary Model® commitments
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
• Concern with the populations that we serve