Fitness CoachMotiv8 FItness
Women's Health and Fashion InternshipOddo
Personal Trainer ApprenticeShaping U Fitness LLC
Community Engagement and OutreachThe Colleen Perkin-Bailey Project
Community Engagement and Outreach InternThe Colleen Perkin-Bailey Project
Center of Excellence Health - Research InternRelief International
Disaster Services InternAmerican Red Cross
Home Fire Campaign InternAmerican Red Cross
Health, Wellness, Fitness InternshipBookmark This
Green Mountain at Fox Run
262 Fox Lane
Posted: May 06 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSince 1973, Green Mountain at Fox Run has provided challenging, active internship programs for exceptional candidates. We are a nationally renowned, professionally directed, weight and health lifestyle program, exclusively for women. Our client population consists of women from college-age to retirement-age, all at varying fitness levels, who are seeking to make serious changes in their eating, activity, and health/lifestyle behaviors. Our program has been featured in over 2,000 media pieces for its innovative, first-of-its-kind, non-diet approach and lifestyle model for long-term weight management.
ResponsibilitiesThe Green Mountain at Fox Run is a women’s only resort, with a fitness internship program that lasts approximately 12 to 16 weeks. The ability to work enthusiastically and discreetly with both a fitness-compromised population is essential. Interns are required to complete a minimum of one project that will be decided upon by both intern and Internship Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Group Exercise Instruction – conducting group fitness classes according to the ACSM guidelines
• Exercise Modifications – proving exercise alternatives for special populations
• Leading Excursions – leading hikes and other outdoor activities on and off-site
• Assist Fitness Staff with Exercise Prescription
• Assist Fitness Staff in production of fitness handouts, bulletin boards and other small administrative tasks
RequirementsApplicants should be juniors, seniors, or graduates in either Bachelors or Masters Degree programs in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health Promotion, Physical Education, and Wellness, or other closely-related field. Applicants must possess the ability to work enthusiastically and discreetly with a fitness-compromised population. Preference will be given to individuals with strong teaching skills in group exercise classes, including strength training, aerobic fitness, water aerobics, recreational fitness, hiking, dance, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates and the like.
• Personal Skills - ability to work with a diverse population with varying levels of health and fitness knowledge and ability. A positive attitude and strong work ethic are a must.
• Leadership Skills – must be comfortable taking on leadership role with clients and functioning as part of the Green Mountain at Fox Run team.
• Group Exercise Certifications - Individuals with certifications in fitness are preferred, but will train the right person.