Greenly Online Collective (Paid) - Driver / Assistant / web / health / marketing / promotionGreenly
Greenly - web / health / marketing / promotion - Internship / Trainee position - w/ StipendGreenly
Summer Internship in Behavioral Health Marketing and Social MediaNational Health Promotion Associates
Plumbing InternshipHillcrest Event Center
Integrative Medicine Clinicconceivenaturallynow.com
Patient Services & Volunteer Management InternshipBookmark This
American Cancer Society - Central Florida
1601 W Colonial Drive
Join the American Cancer Society of Lake & Sumter counties as a Patient Services intern (position is Non-Paid).
Are you looking for a learning opportunity that directly affects the community you live in? The following position is a non-paid student internship. This internship is an excellent opportunity for students who desire hands-on experience within the non-profit & patient services arenas. To apply for this internship, please submit your resume to Dorothy Hardee at Dorothy.Hardee@cancer.org
The Patient Services & Volunteer Management Intern’s role will be to support the Mission Delivery Specialist staff in the planning, recruitment and execution of American Cancer Society program services focusing on our priority program, Road to Recovery patient transportation in and around Central Florida.
Candidate must be energetic, a team player, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals. This internship requires a candidate with confidence in interpersonal communication, excellent writing skills, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with and affected by cancer.
About the American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service.
ResponsibilitiesAs an integral part of our team, the qualified candidate will provide volunteers with the leadership, guidance, direction, and material resources to implement American Cancer Society patient service programs in accordance with the overall policies, priorities, and objectives of the Florida Division. These include:
• Recruit, train, coordinate, motivate, and recognize volunteers for signature programs (Reach to Recovery, Road to Recovery, Look Good…Feel Better, Resources, Information, Guidance (RIG);
• Develop and implement systems/tools for aiding in volunteer retention, and quality of service offered by volunteers;
• Develop marketing strategy for Signature Programs to include writing and issuing press releases, community calendar notices, and invitations to support programs;
• Research and update community resources for ACS Patient Service Center;
• Coordinate signature program re-certifications and new volunteer trainings.
• Also, work closely with Specialists and Relay For Life events to identify, recruit and train Mission and Advocacy chair and team positions for Relay For Life events, as well as develop a plan to engage cancer survivors to participate in the event as guests, teams and committee.
The qualified candidate must:
• Be actively enrolled in undergraduate course work towards a degree in public relations, communications, marketing, public health or other related discipline;
• Must demonstrate ability in community organization and program planning; managing multiple priorities, adapting message to audience, and creative problem solving;
• Demonstrated enthusiastic, self-starter; demonstrated excellence in communication, presentation, interpersonal, organizational, and training skills;
• Display a professional demeanor, leadership qualities, and project management skills.
• Volunteer coordination/management experiences a plus.