- Internships /
- Health /
- American Heart Association / American Stroke Association’s Multicultural Affairs Intern
Marketing/Social Media Intern for Health + Wellness CompanyHolistically Slim LLC
Office Assistant/ Personal AssistantLuib Health Specialty Services, LLC
Nutritionist Support at a Health & Wellness CenterCambiati Wellness Programs
HIV/AIDS Implementation Science Data Research InternGlobal Health Fellows Program II
Fitness InternGolden Door
Summer Sports Medicine / Nursing Internship (YMCA) > Riverview, FloridaTampa Metropolitan Area YMCA
Social Media & Community Management InternTexas Kidney Foundation
NC Yoga Bar InternshipNC Yoga Bar
American Heart Association / American Stroke Association’s Multicultural Affairs InternBookmark This
American Heart Association
1 Union Street
Posted: August 23 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTarget: BP™ is a nationwide initiative to help healthcare providers and patients achiev
Target: BP™ is a nationwide initiative to help healthcare providers and patients achieve better blood pressure control at the best levels to improve health. Target: BP™ will support physicians and care teams in helping their patients with high blood pressure reach a blood pressure goal of lower than 140/90 mm Hg, based on current AHA guidelines.
Check, Change, Control – A prevention, education and management blood pressure program focused effort to engage African Americans and Hispanics in a 4 month long program to address this risk factor for heart disease and stroke.
Engage multicultural communities through events and programs which support the AHA mission, within priority zip codes/vulnerable populations, through MCI channels. Recommendations include EmPOWERED to Serve Health Lessons, ETS Conferences and Kick-off Events, CPR education and training (all CPR related initiatives will be tracked via ECC CPR Tracking tool), Power Sunday, Most Powerful Voices Competition and Gospel Tour, Gospel Jazz Brunch, Power of Laughter, Go Red Sunday, Vestido Rojo, and Celebration.
• Internship Information Form. Your general information
• Background Check
• Internship Timelines – Rolling Admission (until all positions are filled)
AHA/ASA – Health Equity & Multicultural Initiative Contact Information – only by email
Vicky Coll - Multicultural Initiatives Regional Director in NJ & NYC - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applicants must be resident or attending college in New Jersey or New York
• Sophomores, juniors, seniors, recent graduates (May 2014 or later) and graduate students.
• Bilingual English – Spanish preferred, but not required (Will be working with Hispanics that speak little to no English)
• Registered at a college or university with grade point averages of 3.0 or higher, with a minimum 2.75 in the sciences,
• Interest in issues relevant to: Urban Communities, Communities of Color, and/or Diverse Populations.
• U.S. citizen or hold a permanent resident visa.
• Minimum hours of service – Six weekly. Maximum hours of service – Thirty-five weekly
• Unpaid internship
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Applications, Comfortable working independently
Preferred - Bilingual-English/Spanish, Telugu