Health/Fitness Management SpecialistAnytime Fitness
Health and Wellness AssistantLaura Hames Franklin
Spring 2017 Cardiac Screening Center InternFranciscan St. Francis Health
Life Skills & Healthy Living Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Health & Lifestyle Editorial InternshipThe Co | Report
Marketing InternFit By Michelle
Graphic Design InternFit By Michelle
Community Health InternBookmark This
Gads Hill Center
1919 W. Cullerton
Posted: January 05 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Community Services Assistant supports implementation of Gads Hill Center’s community health initiatives and program recruitment strategy. In addition, under the guidance of the Family Resource and Outreach Coordinator, this individual will implement the PlayStreets initiative, which temporarily transforms public streets into places for children and adults to engage in physical activity.
Responsibilities1. Assists in recruitment, training and support of a network of adult health promoters from agency programs, partner schools and other collaborative partners.
2. Assists with maintaining regular communication with health promoters.
3. Supports development of partnerships with potential workshop delivery and SNAP/ACA outreach locations and ensures consistent scheduling of health promoters to meet project requirements.
4. As needed, leads workshops and outreach opportunities to fill in for absent contractors.
5. Provides support to health promoters in identifying outreach opportunities, workshops and cohort meetings. Ensures that contracted outreach targets are met.
6. Enters required data into ETO database and supports collection of evaluation and assessment data.
7. Participates in ACA and SNAP education, outreach and enrollment activities.
8. Maintain inventory of project materials and distribute to contractors and program staff as needed
RequirementsAssociate’s Degree and one year previous direct service experience with low-income families.
Marketing, sales, advocacy, event management or outreach experience preferred.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills.
Ability to pass a background check.
A passion for the mission of Gads Hill Center.
SkillsRequired - Tech Savy, Health, Community Education, Communicaitons
Preferred - Education Program Development