Personal Trainer InternPower Athletics
Unpaid InternAmerican Cancer Society
Fundraising HELPER and SUPERVISORWomen and Family Ascending Association
Grant Writer NeededWomen and Family Ascending Association
Marketing InternHarrisburg Area YMCA
Exercise Science and Personal TrainingWrightstown Health and Fitness
WTA Sport Sciences & Medicine Fall InternWomen's Tennis Association
Athlete Training + Health InternshipsAthlete Training + Health
Fitness Center InternshipBookmark This
Executive Fitness Corporate Wellness
880 W. Long Lake Road
Posted: July 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMolina Fitness Center, powered by Executive Fitness, is staffed with a professional team devoted to generating a fun and welcoming environment to Molina’s employees. Spacious and serene, the fitness center is beautifully designed defining well-being while absorbing the cultural feel of its members. From personal training, innovative group fitness classes, and weight loss challenges, Molina Fitness Center offers an exclusive, FREE membership to a state of the art fitness center, knowledge, departmental support, and on-site opportunities to tone up, lose weight, improve overall health and most importantly have FUN!
The Fitness Intern, under the direction of supervisors, fitness team and manager, will gain experience and exposure in the daily operations of the facility including: assisting in marketing, and strategic plans, implementation of fitness assessments, and programs, training and working with staff, facility upkeep and maintenance, ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction is attained while using the ability to guide and motivate members to achieve goals.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Duties / Supportive Functions:
- Adheres to policies of the facility and Executive Fitness Corporate Wellness (EFCW).
- Reports any incident or accident to facility manager.
- Submits all paperwork and reporting, when applicable, in accordance with EFCW policy.
- Responsible for onboarding, and checking in members with verification processes along with tours of the facility.
- Maintains accurate department maintenance procedures and checklists through routine preventative maintenance and repair.
- Maintains a monthly inventory of supplies and or products, when applicable.
- Becomes knowledgeable about the facility and its amenities in order to effectively communicate with members and/or guests.
- Helps ensure facility is only accessed by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times.
- Greets each and every guest with a smile and direct eye contact, always upholding great customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure, and solve problems in a professional manner.
- Goes the extra mile for members and guests by offering to make reservations, find directions, look up phone numbers, etc.
- Uses time efficiently throughout shift by checking equipment, locker rooms, gift shop stocks, inventory, etc. Ensures proper coverage when it’s necessary to leave the area.
- Keeps area clear of clutter and personal effects.
- Informs co-worker(s) of pertinent information at the end of the shift. Maintains and updates staff communication book.
- Informs facility manager of any member, guest, or facility issues.
- Enrolls members and into fitness programs; also helps design market and implement strategic plan of facility programming.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
RequirementsEducation and Job Requirements:
Current CPR & First Aid certification preferred, but not required.
Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment is a must.
Experience in customer service.
Fitness and personal training experience is a plus.
SkillsRequired - Customer Service, Problem Solver, Basic Computer Skills
Preferred - Personal Training, CPR/AED Certified