Health/Fitness Management SpecialistAnytime Fitness
Health and Wellness AssistantLaura Hames Franklin
Spring 2017 Cardiac Screening Center InternFranciscan St. Francis Health
Life Skills & Healthy Living Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Health & Lifestyle Editorial InternshipThe Co | Report
Marketing InternFit By Michelle
Graphic Design InternFit By Michelle
Fitness Meditation Studio InternshipBookmark This
49 W. 24th St. 8th Floor
New York, NY
Posted: October 07 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionANYA is a Mind + Body Fitness Meditation Studio located in Flatiron, New York. As a wellness education center, The Anya Method integrates Yoga with other practices such as Pilates, Thai Massage, Reiki, Neuro-muscular Therapy and AntiGravity® Aerial Yoga as the vehicle for fitness meditation.
We are currently seeking committed, hardworking, and customer service- oriented interns to become an integral part of our team. In exchange for one 4.5 hour shift per week, you will have access to free group classes and the unique opportunity to deepen your own mind, body, and spirit connection. Responsibilities include front desk and reception, working with Mind Body Online, marketing projects, and studio maintenance.
What we offer:
• FREE ANYA Method & AntiGravity group classes
• Urban Zen oasis working environment – unlike any office you will ever work in!
• Opportunity to apply for our work/study program for ANYA Teacher Training Programs
• Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, serenity, and professional integrity in house and over the phone.
• Manage Front Desk: Utilizing the Mind Body Online System (MBO), sign clients into classes, purchase client packages, maintain and update appointments: schedule, book, change, confirm and/or cancel bookings.
• Answer Phone, service customers and/or take messages.
• Assist management with daily maintenance of the studio.
• Give detailed descriptions of ANYA services, packages, and facility features and actively promote its welfare.
• Promote in-house sales of packages and studio offerings,
• Run errands when necessary (ie Post Office, Staples, etc.)
• Answer guest questions and handle concerns in a professional and courteous manner.
• Responsible for opening the studio and preparing the space, or closing the studio in the evening.
• Direct clients to proper areas of the studio (ie: group class, private appointment, etc.)
• Prepare the space accordingly for hourly renters and/or clients.
• 3 month minimum commitment. Must sign contract agreeing to terms.
• Availability to consistently work at least one 4.5 hour shift per week.
• Knowledge of Mind Body Online and/or prior front desk experience at a Yoga/Pilates studio, Spa, or Salon preferred.
• Marketing experience with Social Media and Blogging writing skills is a plus.
• Reliable and trustworthy, well groomed, detail oriented, with a sophisticated phone manner and excellent communication skills
• Motivated self-starter who has interest and enthusiasm in the growth and wellbeing of the studio, its programs, community, and atmosphere.