Health and Wellness/Logistics InternInternational Rescue Committee
Health/Fitness Management SpecialistAnytime Fitness
Health and Wellness AssistantLaura Hames Franklin
Spring 2017 Cardiac Screening Center InternFranciscan St. Francis Health
Life Skills & Healthy Living Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Health & Lifestyle Editorial InternshipThe Co | Report
Fitness Specialist InternBookmark This
Population Health Consultants
5213 4th Ave Circle East
Posted: January 16 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Company is the Manatee YourChoice Health Plan. They are an award winning health plan offering comprehensive wellness services to their employers. They are located in Bradenton, FL. The website is www.manateeyourchoice.com. This intern would work within YourChoice Fitness Center.
The intern will receive experience working in a comprehensive wellness program with experience in fitness, nutrition, Behavioral Health, Health Education and have an opportunity to create their own special project on a topic of their interest.
This internship can be remote for part of the time but will require transportation to the site at least once/week. Hours and dates are flexible
• The Intern will work primarily in the clients Fitness Center
• Research & create educational documents on health & fitness topics.
• Provide Customer Service, Membership Management and Operational assistance.
• Work closely with the Fitness Coordinator and the Fitness Team on personal fitness training methods.
• Teach or support educational programs focusing on the benefits of exercise.
• Focus on a special project of choice that will benefit the fitness programs and/or center.
• The Intern will gain experience in health education, fitness, nutrition, weight loss, corporate wellness and special populations including (but not limited to) Diabetes, Bariatric and Cardiac Health.
1. Must have or be pursuing a BA or MA in Exercise Science, Physical Education, Wellness, Public Health, Health Promotion or related degree.
2. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of basic fitness safety guidelines relating to teaching/training clients.
3. Must be Certified or seeking Certification from an Accredited Fitness Certification organization.
4. Must be CPR/AED Certified
5. Must be knowledgeable on the theories of behavior change.
6. Some knowledge of program planning and development.
7. Experience in exercise pre-assessment tools
8. Experience in exercise prescription
9. Non-judgmental, empathetic approach and ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
10. Must be willing to commute & work a minimum of 20 hours/week.
SkillsRequired - Self Motivated, Hard Worker, Creative, Cardiovascular Fitness, Fitness Consulting
Preferred - ACSM Health Fitness, Certified Group Exercise Instructor