WTA Sport Sciences & Medicine InternWomen's Tennis Association
IPSH-0119 Public Health Workforce Development InternMetropolitan Washington Council of Governments
INSIGHT Summer Research Program at HarborviewHarborview's Injury Prevention and Research Center
Project InternBaylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative
Fundraising/ Grant Writing/Event PlanningYEP! Fitness
medical case managerjulpar
vocational case managerjulpar
Health, Wellness, Fitness InternshipBookmark This
Green Mountain at Fox Run
262 Fox Lane
Posted: May 06 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSince 1973, Green Mountain at Fox Run has provided challenging, active internship programs for exceptional candidates. We are a nationally renowned, professionally directed, weight and health lifestyle program, exclusively for women. Our client population consists of women from college-age to retirement-age, all at varying fitness levels, who are seeking to make serious changes in their eating, activity, and health/lifestyle behaviors. Our program has been featured in over 2,000 media pieces for its innovative, first-of-its-kind, non-diet approach and lifestyle model for long-term weight management.
ResponsibilitiesThe Green Mountain at Fox Run is a women’s only resort, with a fitness internship program that lasts approximately 12 to 16 weeks. The ability to work enthusiastically and discreetly with both a fitness-compromised population is essential. Interns are required to complete a minimum of one project that will be decided upon by both intern and Internship Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Group Exercise Instruction – conducting group fitness classes according to the ACSM guidelines
• Exercise Modifications – proving exercise alternatives for special populations
• Leading Excursions – leading hikes and other outdoor activities on and off-site
• Assist Fitness Staff with Exercise Prescription
• Assist Fitness Staff in production of fitness handouts, bulletin boards and other small administrative tasks
RequirementsApplicants should be juniors, seniors, or graduates in either Bachelors or Masters Degree programs in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health Promotion, Physical Education, and Wellness, or other closely-related field. Applicants must possess the ability to work enthusiastically and discreetly with a fitness-compromised population. Preference will be given to individuals with strong teaching skills in group exercise classes, including strength training, aerobic fitness, water aerobics, recreational fitness, hiking, dance, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates and the like.
• Personal Skills - ability to work with a diverse population with varying levels of health and fitness knowledge and ability. A positive attitude and strong work ethic are a must.
• Leadership Skills – must be comfortable taking on leadership role with clients and functioning as part of the Green Mountain at Fox Run team.
• Group Exercise Certifications - Individuals with certifications in fitness are preferred, but will train the right person.