Healing Arts Organization looking for creative self-starterCommon Ground Healing Arts
Youth Fitness and Performance Training InternshipC4 Performance Training
Clinical Research InternshipMt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center
Administrative AssistantMy Abundant Life
Yoga Studio: Assistant Manager InternWOOM CENTER
Guest Experience Management / Human Resources InternWOOM CENTER
Social Media MarketerBerube LLC
Life Skills & Healthy Living Spring 2017 InternshipBookmark This
Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
3310 S 20th Street
Posted: October 17 2016
Application Deadline: January 17, 2017
Position: 5 Full-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/18/17 — 05/18/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionREPORTS TO: Life Skills and Healthy Living Coordinator
DURATION: Spring 2017 Semester: Part-Time and Full-Time options available
The Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation uses the sport of hockey to foster academic and personal excellence among at-risk students in Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ. Learning opportunities include assisting with development and delivery of academic programming and support at community centers throughout the Greater Philadelphia area. Interns will also provide support to supplemental aspects of academic programming, including report card collection. This internship is conditional on the successful completion of a criminal background check.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and Duties:
• Assist with Life Skills and Healthy Living activities at community centers in the Philadelphia area including literacy initiatives, nutrition education, team building activities, service learning, and character building.
• Assist in the delivery of Life Skills and Healthy Living materials and supplies to and from Snider Hockey rinks.
• The ability to perform in fast-paced, high-profile environments and interact with Snider Hockey families.
• Must have sufficient knowledge of athletics, physical fitness, or nutrition to communicate the values and life skills lessons of sport to participate and other stakeholders.
• Candidates must be committed to the importance of education and passionate about helping young people be successful in life.
• The position requires strong problem solving skills, and/or candidates should be highly motivated to learn, research, and collaborate with academic and hockey operations staff.
• Must be detail-oriented and have proficient communication and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills are needed.
• Housing and transportation are the responsibility of the student.
• Occasional night and/or weekend responsibilities and travel in the Greater Philadelphia area are required.