Healing Arts Organization looking for creative self-starterCommon Ground Healing Arts
Youth Fitness and Performance Training InternshipC4 Performance Training
Clinical Research InternshipMt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center
Administrative AssistantMy Abundant Life
Yoga Studio: Assistant Manager InternWOOM CENTER
Guest Experience Management / Human Resources InternWOOM CENTER
Social Media MarketerBerube LLC
Save Our Sexy Inc.Bookmark This
Save Our Sexy Inc.
Posted: November 12 2015
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSOS is currently looking for volunteers/interns to assist in a number of roles including organizer, research, writer, community liason and marketing. This is a great hands-on learning experience for students or volunteers interested in working with health promotion, screening and management in NYC’s underserved communities.
Responsibilities• Coordinate and organize programming activities with local community organizations
• Prepare and conduct presentations to local community organizations to raise awareness of and promote interest in the health/nutrition initiatives
• Planning and staffing events, marketing and data collection through surveys and participating in health education workshops.
• Plan, organize and conduct outreach activities for local communities
• Assist with managing social media and website
• Assist with planning fundraising events
• Research funding sources and assist with proposal writing
Requirements• Possess an interest in making a difference in the community with respect to health outcomes
• Proficient in Microsoft office
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and demonstrate good time and project management skills
• Have the ability to work with diverse populations
• Have flexible schedule, including weekends
• Are reliable and dependable
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Possess outgoing, energetic and engaging personality