Internship - Pan American Health Organization/World Health OrganizationPan American Health Organization
Refugee Health and wellness Program InternWorld Relief Chicago
Laser Hair Removal TechFlawless Icon
Medical Goods Inventory Volunteer for International Surgical ProgramEsperanca, Inc.
WTA Sport Sciences & Medicine InternWomen's Tennis Association
IPSH-0119 Public Health Workforce Development InternMetropolitan Washington Council of Governments
Project InternBaylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative
Fundraising/ Grant Writing/Event PlanningYEP! Fitness
Save Our Sexy Inc.Bookmark This
Save Our Sexy Inc.
Posted: November 12 2015
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSOS is currently looking for volunteers/interns to assist in a number of roles including organizer, research, writer, community liason and marketing. This is a great hands-on learning experience for students or volunteers interested in working with health promotion, screening and management in NYC’s underserved communities.
Responsibilities• Coordinate and organize programming activities with local community organizations
• Prepare and conduct presentations to local community organizations to raise awareness of and promote interest in the health/nutrition initiatives
• Planning and staffing events, marketing and data collection through surveys and participating in health education workshops.
• Plan, organize and conduct outreach activities for local communities
• Assist with managing social media and website
• Assist with planning fundraising events
• Research funding sources and assist with proposal writing
Requirements• Possess an interest in making a difference in the community with respect to health outcomes
• Proficient in Microsoft office
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and demonstrate good time and project management skills
• Have the ability to work with diverse populations
• Have flexible schedule, including weekends
• Are reliable and dependable
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Possess outgoing, energetic and engaging personality