Health and Wellness AssistantLaura Hames Franklin
Spring 2017 Cardiac Screening Center InternFranciscan St. Francis Health
Life Skills & Healthy Living Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Health & Lifestyle Editorial InternshipThe Co | Report
Marketing InternFit By Michelle
Graphic Design InternFit By Michelle
Publicist/PR InternshipTajan Renderos Coaching, LLC
Social Media InternBookmark This
Posted: October 29 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOur disruptive medical device startup is looking to hire an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites. Company has launched a crowdfunding campaign for its first consumer health technology product, rejiva www.rejiva.com. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills in order to integrate into our passionate team who are very excited to share this exciting launch with an intern hoping to gain a ton of great online experience.
Interns are expected to have experience with social media on a personal level, with use on a consumer level preferred. You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into our business’ marketing strategy, while delivering meaningful health content in a consumer friendly manner.
Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
ResponsibilitiesInterns will be performing the following tasks:
• Creating new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
• Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
• Finding industry leaders and power users to follow/friend/like our business
• Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
• Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
• Replying to comments, messages, etc.
• Report findings to the team
• Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
• Minor video and graphics editing skills are a plus
RequirementsSkills and attributes interns are expected to have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
• Be creative with an eye for design
• Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
• Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
• Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
• Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
• Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
• Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
• Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
• Experience proofreading and editing
• Ability to deal with uncertainty
• Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
Preferred Majors and Requirements
• Marketing, Business, Communications, Advertising, Health related
• 3 years of experience on the Web and a solid understanding of target markets.
• 5-7 hours per week
***Note- This internship offers monthly paid stipends if specific milestones are met.