Spring 2017 Cardiac Screening Center InternFranciscan St. Francis Health
Life Skills & Healthy Living Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Health & Lifestyle Editorial InternshipThe Co | Report
Marketing InternFit By Michelle
Graphic Design InternFit By Michelle
Publicist/PR InternshipTajan Renderos Coaching, LLC
SOPHE Student InternshipBookmark This
10 G Street, NE Suite 605
Posted: October 27 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
• The SOPHE Internship Program offers participants an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a non-profit 501(c)(3) health education organization serving over 4,000 members globally.
• Internship candidates provide essential administrative support, but other responsibilities vary depending on time of year.
• Many internship candidates are studying public health, health policy, health promotion or health education, but the program can provide outstanding background for students from a number of different fields of study including: hospitality, marketing, and communications. Consideration for students without a public health background will be handled on a case by case basis.
• SOPHE invites anyone to apply, although most internship candidates are either currently in college or graduate school, or recent graduates.
• Academic credit for the Program is at the discretion of your college, or university.
• SOPHE will assist you in providing appropriate information as your school requests.
• Make all arrangements for earning credit before you begin the Program.
ResponsibilitiesSOPHE interns can expect to work on a variety of projects pertinent to SOPHE’s mission but similar to other non-profit voluntary organizations. Among these are advocacy, program planning, communications planning/outreach, research, conference planning, fundraising, chapter development, administrative responsibilities/data entry.
Upon interviewing, a scope of work and activity is tailored to each intern’s expertise and pertinent to SOPHE’s needs. SOPHE interns will have the opportunity to develop a project in conjunction with SOPHE staff that they will create and complete during their internship. Activities may include: Policy and Media Advocacy Program Planning & Communications Health Education Research SOPHE Professional Meetings
What are examples of past intern projects:
Students have been able to participate in the following activities:
• Conducting seminal research on MPH programs in community health education, including web-based survey and obtaining IRB review; preparation of article for publication.
• Development of tool kit, communications plan and evaluation, and liaison w/ other groups for National Health Education Week; preparation and presentation of Poster at SOPHE Annual Meeting.
• Assisting with research to develop a database of employers for a study of the impact of health education credentialing; development and presentation of a Poster at SOPHE Annual Meeting.
• Development of SOPHE resolution on handgun violence and establishment of SOPHE partnership to various organizations; presentation to SOPHE Board; development of resolution implementation plan.
• Interviewing SOPHE past presidents and development of 50th Anniversary booklet w/ past president reflections.
• Assisting with grant writing, proposal development.
RequirementsSOPHE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
• Program applicants must be currently enrolled or recent graduates of an educational institution, such as a college, university or continuing education program.
• Display an interest in a career related to health, health promotion and education, health policy or
• Possess strong verbal, written, communication and analytical skills.
• Exhibits strong computer skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Word applications.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Please complete all sections of the application. Failure to provide complete answers may affect the review and consideration of your application.
Your application must include all of the following in order to be considered:
• Cover letter
• Current resume
• Personal Statement/Writing Sample
• Name and contact information for two individual who can provide a reference for you
The application and all requested materials must be submitted together. Failure to meet any of the above-mentioned requirements may delay, or even prevent, the review of your application. Please keep a photocopy of your completed application for your files. Given the volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to return any of the materials we receive.