Spring 2017 Cardiac Screening Center InternFranciscan St. Francis Health
Life Skills & Healthy Living Spring 2017 InternshipEd Snider Youth Hockey Foundation
Health & Lifestyle Editorial InternshipThe Co | Report
Marketing InternFit By Michelle
Graphic Design InternFit By Michelle
Publicist/PR InternshipTajan Renderos Coaching, LLC
Wellness in Parks & Recreation DepartmentBookmark This
City of Clearwater
1501 N. Belcher Road
Posted: January 20 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis position is available with the Wellness division (Employee Wellness focus) of Parks and Recreation with the City of Clearwater. The Parks and Recreation Department consists of more than 230 full time and part time employees, 60 professional contract employees, 150 umpires, referees and officials, and 500 volunteers. If you are interested in a fast paced experience then the City of Clearwater is definitely the place for you! This position is full time and is stipend pay ($100 week based on 36/40 per week).
Responsibilities• Assist with evaluation of past years results and plan wellness programming for the year
• Help program manager and wellness specialist oversee 3 annual programs, including 10,000 Steps a Day Challenge, Nutrition program and Better Body Bingo (Main role will be to collect data and distribute resources as needed)
• Update bulletin boards monthly and contribute information to monthly newsletter. Decimate material as needed.
• Attend and contribute to Wellness Committee meetings and meetings with the Wellness Champions.
• Create new information for website and help maintain website through collaboration with IT and wellness specialist.
• Attend relevant meetings (ex: Wellness Council of Tampa Bay) with Wellness Specialist
• Help with the Healthy Choices for a Healthy Clearwater program, including contributing to newsletter, going out to meet local businesses to increase partners and continue relationship with existing partners, and representing Healthy Choices at community events
• Assist wellness specialist with planning and coordination of the Morton Plant Mease Youth Sports Initiative meetings, to include help with the coaches education and the parent guidebook
• Work with wellness specialist and city communications to contribute information on community wellness events
Requirements• College Student studying: Exercise Science, Health Education, Exercise Physiology, Public Health
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication
• Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Actively demonstrate the ideals for healthy living, i.e. tobacco free/smoke free workplace