Director of Operations-Naturopathic Medical OfficeNatural Medicine Works
Business Development & Sales Intern1DocWay
Insurance Related HealthcareState Farm Kristin Francy
Internship opportunity for an extroverted, highly motivated and organized individual!Vitality Chiropractic & Wellness
Medical Assistance PrescreenerHRSI
Government Affairs InternshipBookmark This
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
444 E Algonquin Road
Arlington Heights, IL
DescriptionThe American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking a Government Affairs Intern to work in our Advocacy Department in our Arlington Heights, IL office.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), established in 1931, is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world and is a specialty that has thrived on innovation - continues to push ahead with new clinical breakthroughs, refining current techniques and discovering new ones. The future of plastic surgery continues to unfold, with the promise of amazing new things to come, in the humanitarian pursuit to help patients look and feel their best!
Government Affairs Intern will assist the Advocacy team in the implementation of ASPS's legislative and policy positions on federal and state legislation related to plastic and reconstructive surgery. The Government Affairs Intern supports the day-to-day legislative activity needed to implement federal and state legislative and regulatory goals. The Government Affairs Intern will assist in tracking, monitoring, researching, and preparing advocacy documents on relevant policy issues and legislation.
Responsibilities• Conduct background research for specific project initiatives and public policy needs;
• Research and write advocacy documents, fact sheets, newsletters and articles for publication on ASPS legislative priorities;
• Attend select meetings, briefings, and conferences as a representative of ASPS;
• Assist with the coordination of meetings, conferences, and events, including logistics planning, preparation of informational materials and follow up;
• Assist in issue-driven grassroots efforts;
• Assist in message development;
• Assist with the administrative duties of the ASPS PAC;
• Assist with day-to-day office operations including answering phones and providing general administrative support;
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
RequirementsEducation: In process of receiving Bachelor or Master’s degree in a political science, public policy, public health or other relevant area of study.
• Basic knowledge of state and federal legislative and regulatory processes.
• Previous experience with legislative/policy research and writing desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, organization, and political skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and a variety of tasks.
• An interest in or knowledge of health and public policy, the Affordable Care Act, physician payment issues and/or other public health policies in desirable.
• Computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office, Access, Adobe, and Internet technology.
• Must be self-motivated and able to effectively manage multiple projects.