Health Care Caregiver InternBookmark This
5139 E Cactus Rd
DescriptionThis position is a 4 week full-time internship leading to a full time paid position (40 hours per week) dependent on a successful evaluation of the Interns performance. This internship will take place at Catherine’s Home, a small Assisted Living for the young developmentally and physically disabled in Scottsdale, Arizona to start 3/1/2014. The Intern and paid position includes free room and board, but the individual is responsible for own transportation expenses.
To apply: submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com indicating the following:
•Position of interest
•Academic and career goals
•Skills and experience relevant to the internship
•Coursework relevant to the internship
•Any information that you think will help explain why you should be chosen for this internship
Application deadline: March 1, 2014
Eligibility: The internship is designed for undergraduate students for the purpose of further cultivating their skills through a real-life work experience, while providing them room and board and the time to continue their education.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary Tasks will be to assist caregivers with a single young 25yr old female resident while being trained to be a certified caregiver. This will include:
- Assist with meal preparation
- Assist with recreation activities
- Assist with life Skills activities
RequirementsSpecific qualifications are as follows:
- Ability to communicate in ASL (American Sign Language) or the willingness to learn as the resident is deaf and uses sign language and computer to communicate.
- Basic cooking knowledge
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate information verbally and in writing
- Interested in working with young adults and older children with special needs