Social MediaFreedom Horse Farm
Business Development / Sales InternThe Institute of Multidimensional Medicine PLLC
Content Writer and Social Media InternTopsource Healthcare Solutions
Reception Desk part-time positionPhysical Therapy
Health Promotion and Marketing InternBestHealth of Wake Forest Baptist Health
Healthcare InternBookmark This
Care on Call Los Angeles
18 57th Pl
Long Beach, CA
DescriptionCare on Call provides specialized in-home care for Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. Care on Call can accommodate the comprehensive needs of your whole family and do so with compassion and professionalism.
Care on Call is unique, setting unprecedented standards in home care. This internship will be for a new company called Care on Call Los Angeles. The office is located in Long Beach and internship hours are flexible as we can work around your schedule. Interns will also have the opportunity to work in a paid position for the company in one of the service areas in addition to the internship, such as child care if they qualify.
Interns will have the opportunity to consult with the owner Andrea Byrnes and will have the opportunity to attend meetings and workshops from organizations from the small business administration such as Score and have one-on-one consultation meetings with professionals discussing marketing, management, etc. Marketing will be one responsibility of the intern as they accompany the owner Andrea Byrnes to meetings with other small business professionals/owners in the health care industry to discuss networking opportunities.
Another responsibility of the intern will be mailings and other promotional activities in the community such as the Alzheimer's Walk. Also, interns will be able to have hands-on experience to help facilitate and the management of senior events. There is also an opportunity for the development of human resource skills by interviewing/screening applications for the service positions Care on Call offers, such as elder care and child care. The intern may choose the field/projects in which they are most interested. here are some of the variety tasks in different fields, such as marketing, networking, management, human resources, hands-on projects, and education.
1. Attending workshops, conferences and classes (e.g. the Small Business Administration through SCORE http://cityoflagunaniguel.org/index.aspx?NID=738
2. Consulting with me to discuss what they learned and how it can be applied to improve the company
1. Accompanying me as I conduct interviews with potential employees for the services Care on Call offers
2. Screening potential employees and conducting particular parts of an interview
3. Researching where to find potential employees and then contacting them through advertisements, such as flyers, writing emails, and making phone calls
1. Accompanying me in meetings with doctors in small practices, such as Dr. Berlin Chiropractic Wellness Center http://www.doctorberlin.com/, and hospital case workers to discuss potential referrals to Care on Call
2. Researching competitors and consulting with me about making the needed adjustments to Care on Call
3. Growing the company by contacting businesses through email, phone and in person, that may be potential partners, such as photography companies and yoga companies.
4. Accompanying me as we meet with potential partnering companies to discuss ways we can promote/refer each other
1. Attend meetings at my home and other facilities, such as open houses at senior living facilities and introducing themselves to members of the community while educating them about Care on Call
2. Attending meetups http://www.meetup.com/beverlyhillsbusinessnetworking/and other networking business meetings
3. Managing the Care on Call booth and speaking with attendees at the Alzheimer's walk or at trade shows, such as the Plush Event http://www.plushshow.com/ or the upcoming MommyCon Event
1. Managing other less experienced interns and volunteers
2. Working with another intern, discussing strategies and implementing optimal ways to reach potential clients
3. Meet with me and the other interns to discuss what they are working on, providing feedback and suggesting ways to work together
1. Facilitating programs, such as programs for seniors exercise classes or bingo night at Leisure World in Seal Beach
2. Volunteering at childcare facilities
1. Volunteering at specific functions such as The Alzheimer's Walk or the Birth Rally
1. Answering phones and entering data
2. Creating a handbook
3. Composing an e-newsletter