Fall Internship with Start-Up Tech Co. Alleviating Domestic PovertyBookmark This
220 East 23rd Street
New York, NY
DescriptionBeneStream is a revolutionary software start-up that has the potential to deliver billions of dollars in poverty alleviation each year. Recognizing an unprecedented historical opportunity in the Affordable Care Act, BeneStream’s technology will help millions of eligible working-poor families claim critical government benefits. BeneStream received early support from the Ford, Robin Hood and Clinton Foundations. Learn more at www.BeneStream.com.
We are looking for reliable, smart, personable interns with a passion for economic justice who are interested in working for a for-profit social venture. This position will report directly to the company’s three founders. You will work with staff in all departments as well as with clients, businesses, unions, and investors in NYC and across the country. Interns will experience the energy of a startup environment and have a front row seat for the implementation of the ACA.
Internship begins immediately. Full or part time - days and times are negotiable.
College and Graduate Students especially encouraged to apply.
Please send resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “BeneStream Internship” in the subject line of the email. Make sure to include contact information for two references and a brief statement about why you are interested in the position in the body of the email. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Located in the Gramercy neighborhood, Manhattan
ResponsibilitiesDuties may include:
- Business development and marketing
- Policy research (healthcare reform, public benefits, etc)
- Client management and operations
- Tech platform updating and monitoring
- Database and spreadsheet management
- Website/social media
- Media monitoring
- Public presentations to train client organizations
- Strong writing and research skills
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Spanish language skills preferred. Other foreign languages a plus.