Behavior Therapist I - RosevilleBookmark This
Center for Autism and Related Disorders
Posted: December 11 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBEHAVIOR THERAPIST- Roseville, CA
Do you enjoy working with children? Are you motivated to make a difference in a child’s life?
Channel your passion for children and make a difference by learning theories and strategies of Behavioral Psychology at The Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc. (CARD).
About CARD: The Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc., (CARD) has earned a reputation as one of the world's largest and most experienced organizations effectively treating children with autism, Asperger's syndrome, PDD-NOS, and related disorders, using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). At CARD, we truly believe that recovery is possible and we develop our programs with that in mind. CARD has 35 offices in the United States, and two international offices which help to touch the lives of hundreds of children and their families. Through a network of trained therapists, supervisors, assessors and researchers, and with our web based technology, Skills and CARD E-Learning, we develop and implement high quality, comprehensive and personalized treatment programs which lead to success, and in many cases recovery. www.centerforautism.com
The CARD Behavior Therapist Intern will learn how to work with children and families affected with Autism. The Intern will be taught valuable academic and career skills such as:
• Understand what Autism is and how to teach kids and teenagers with Autism
• Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Techniques
• Curriculum development including: language, play, cognitive, social, and motor skills
• How to reduce problem behavior
• How to teach in the natural environment such as the home, school and community
• Work with apps, games and web based technology via an iPad
Compensation & Benefits:
• Paid Internship
• Travel time pay and mileage reimbursement
• Comprehensive paid training program
• Opportunities for Academic Credit
• Potential to transition to full time or part time employment
• Team oriented atmosphere, dedicated to helping children and families across the country
ResponsibilitiesThe Behavior Therapist Intern is responsible for the direct implementation of treatment programs to patients with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Under the guidance of CARD Supervisors and Behavior Therapists, Behavior Therapist Interns work with patients in a variety of settings which include the patient’s home, the patient’s school, and the CARD Clinic. Extensive initial and ongoing training in ABA therapy techniques and the CARD curriculum is provided. Behavior Therapist Interns are responsible for accurate data collection and reporting on all treatment activities.
• Some experience working with children and/or pursuing a field in Psychology, Child Development, Education or related field preferred
• Must have ability to provide own transportation with proof of auto insurance
• Must pass TB test and criminal background check
• Minimum of 10 hours of availability per week