Healthcare Software Implementation Intern - Internship to PermanentOpenClinica
Data Entry ClerkAmazon.com_Inc
Per Hour Correspondent Clerk With Remote Assistant SkillsAlembic Pharmaceuticals
Administrative Intern and Medical Assistant Intern - Private Concierge Medical PracticePink Link Medical
Intern - Clinical Programs PolicyMolina Healthcare Inc.
Medical Billing SpecialistBilling And Collections.com, LLC
Behavioral Health InternBookmark This
Population Health Consultants
5213 4th Ave Circle East
Posted: January 16 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Company is the Manatee YourChoice Health Plan. They are an award winning health plan offering comprehensive wellness services to their employers. They are located in Bradenton, FL. The website is www.manateeyourchoice.com. This intern would work within the LAMP program (Lifestyle Assistance & Modification Program).
The intern will receive experience in Stress Management, Tobacco Cessation, Health Education, Depression and have a role in collecting and analyzing outcomes data.
This internship can be remote for part of the time but will require transportation to the site at least once/week. Hours and dates are flexible
• Develop programs to reduce the stigma of behavioral health conditions in the workplace & evaluate the effectiveness of these interventions.
• Assist with Depression Care Management
• Assist with Tobacco Cessation Programs
• Assist with the development & implementation of Stress Management Programs
• Assist with Health and Wellness worksite events
• Assist in the design & delivery of worksite informational material
• Assist with the delivery of a variety of behavior change workshops
• Assist in the development of program analysis tools & evaluation methods
• Assist with program data entry & tracking
1. Must have or be pursuing a BA or MA in Health Psychology, Psychology, Public Health, Health Promotion or related degree.
2. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of mental health/substance abuse disorders and treatment, theories of behavior change and skill in Motivational Interviewing and strength-based counseling.
3. Some knowledge of program planning and development & basic data collection/analysis.
4. Experience in mental health and/or substance abuse group facilitation preferred.
5. Non-judgmental, empathetic approach and ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
6. Must be willing to commute & work a minimum of 20 hours/week.