Dialysis Biomedical Technician (Fresenius) Full Time PermanentBookmark This
Posted: October 27 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBiomedical Technician I
Here is an outstanding opportunity to play an important role with a major healthcare organization. As a part of our Centralized Technical Program team, the professional we select will manage the operational condition, maintenance, and repair of water systems, medical equipment, and mechanical/electrical systems. In addition, this individual will document repairs, perform safety checks and preventive measures, and conduct patient tours to explain the role our technology plays in their treatment.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Under supervision is responsible for the operational condition, maintenance, and repair of all water systems, medical equipment, and mechanical/electrical systems in assigned facilities in the Centralized Technical Program so as to ensure the safety of the patients as well as the staff operating the equipment. Performs all repair and maintenance activities according to company and department standard operating procedures and in compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements. Responsible for cost containment with regard to equipment maintenance and repair.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
• Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
• Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
• Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
ResponsibilitiesPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position involves moderately active work including walking and standing for considerable lengths of time. Bending down to floor level is required for some of the housekeeping duties.
The position requires a considerable amount of physical work. There is a two-person assist program and equipment available for moving the heavier loads/equipment. The employee must regularly move boxes, drums, and equipment of up to 500 lbs. in weight. The use of dollies or other equipment is mandatory while moving items that weigh approximately 500 lbs. The employee must frequently mix and lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. There may be some potential exposure to chemicals and infectious materials.
• High school/Vocational diploma or G.E.D.
• Technician training or AA Degree in electronics or Biomedical, or equivalent preferred.
• National Technical Certification achievement required within 18 months of hire/assumption of position.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• At least six months experience working in a technical (industry/medical) setting.
• Continued employment contingent upon successful completion of the FMCNA Training Program for Technical Staff and the Technical Validation Program.
• Demonstrated leadership and training abilities.
• Attend all technical training programs required by state/federal regulations and FMCNA policy.
• Newly hired or promoted incumbents are responsible for the requirements of the respiratory fit policy if applicable.
• Valid Driver's License and ability to cover at other facilities and transport equipment and supplies as needed.
• Employees have to meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
RequirementsPRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Ensure availability for patients’ questions and concerns, for example to explain the principles behind the technology used.
• Provide instructive tours of the water treatment equipment for patients and explain the basics of the machines
• Maintain and repair all water treatment equipment, dialysis equipment, medical equipment, testing equipment, and mechanical/electrical systems as recommended by the manufacturer and by procedures established by FMCNA Clinical/Technical services as documented in the Technical Policies and Standards manual.
• Document all equipment and system maintenance and repairs.
• Ensure safety checks and routine tasks are conducted and documented in a timely fashion according to the established policies and procedures.
• Perform all facility preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and systems according to standard procedures.
• Responsible for equipment cleaning and disinfecting according to specified standards after repair and maintenance has been performed.
• Ensure all testing equipment is properly maintained and calibrated.
• Evaluate the current equipment inventory.
• Actively support the CQI process.
• Adopt quality accountability.
• Participate in quality training and education for all technical staff.
• Participate in the completion and documentation of ongoing technical CQI activities as appropriate.
• Update and provide management with feedback regarding any improvement strategies that may be implemented.
• Assist with updating chemical inventory list
• Cooperate with facility staff to ensure all regulatory and OSHA requirements are met.
• Collect water samples for AAMI analysis according to company, state, and federal regulations and document as appropriate. Notify the appropriate personnel if results are outside the required/standard parameters.
• Assist in the review and updating of the alternative water supply plan.
• Coordinate with the appropriate vendors to ensure all dialysate and electrical leakage meters are calibrated as required.
• Assist in ensuring that all inspections by outside vendors are performed as needed.
• Ensure water and dialysate samples are processed according to specified procedures.
• Ensure all areas are safe - that environmental integrity and aesthetics are maintained.
• Transport equipment and supplies as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.