Optometrist Practice front officeGerard H. Hubbell, O.D.
Health Care InternUnited Technology
Office InternAmazing Medical Spa
Accounting InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
General assistance for a medical information search serviceMedSearchers
Beauty Editors assistantFV MAGAZINE
Finance and Accountingvygon usa
Front Deskvygon usa
Health Administration InternBookmark This
Awakening Excellence Adult Day Health Center
1208A VFW Parkway, Suite 107
West Roxbury, MA
Posted: March 25 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPaid internship with flexible hours
This position is a 6 to 12 month engagement
10-15 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Why Awakening Excellence ?
•Learn about adult day programs
•Gain experience in a busy healthcare setting
•Develop administrative and customer service skills
•Interface with patients, physicians, insurance companies, and hospital administrative staff
At Awakening Excellence Adult Day Health Center, we want to awaken a sense of dignity in the quality of life of our seniors. With an international, multilingual appeal, we provide a diverse community where seniors can come, spend the day and be pampered. Our highest priority, is to provide the highest level of care. At Awakening Excellence, your care is "crown" care.
Internship position will provide both hands-on and administrative experience
ResponsibilitiesIntern Duties/Responsibilities may include:
- Create or update Excel or Access databases related to membership, referral sources, program instructor, community partners, advertising opportunities, etc
- Assist in maintaining monthly newsletter
- Assist Program Director and/or Activity Director with administrative tasks
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, recognition, and program retention
- Evaluate programs and events and make recommendations for enhancement
- Assist in maintaining social media pages for the Senior Center and send electronic marketing blasts
- Act as an ambassador around the center to promote programs and events
Requirements- Prefer student with experience with Microsoft Office
- Perform well in environment that values compassion, helpfulness, patience, and resourcefulness
- Haitian-Creole language capability a PLUS!