Business Development and Marketing InternPsychhub Inc.
Medical Billing InternMedical Care Associates, LLC.
Medical Records AssistantNobilis Healhthcare Corp
Health Care InternSkyes Home
Human Resources InternVerrica Pharmaceuticals
Grant Writer Internship for Non-Profit HospiceEndless Journey, LLC
Health Care InternBrogan Group
Health Care InternBookmark This
Beaufort, Jasper, Hampton, Allendale, Colleton, Charleston, Berkeley,Lexington, Dorchester and Georgetown Counties
Posted: September 10 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHospice Advantage is a Medicare, Medicaid Certified and Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) accredited, program providing superior end-of-life care services.
We are looking for student volunteers. Opportunities for Direct and In-Direct patient care:
Three Learning Objectives
A better Understanding of Hospice Care.
A better understanding of the bereavement process.
A better understanding of community outreach and fundraising
Social Workers *
Chaplain - Spiritual Care Coordinators *
Grief Support Specialists *
Skilled Nurses *
Hospice Aides *
* Opportunity to Shadow these disciplines, with patient consent
Skilled Nursing Facilities
Assisted Living Facilities
Community Outreach Opportunities
Walk to End Alzheimer's
American Lung Association Air Force Run/Walk
American Lung Association Climb for Air
American Heart Association Heart Walk
Retirement Health and Wellness Fair
We serve 14 counties from Hilton Head to Charleston - patient visit will be in the field, office administration duties will be in either the Ridgeland or Charleston offices
Responsibilities- Provide companionship, helping patients, family members,and caregivers
- Understand relationships among healthcare personnel, preferably in clinic setting
- Listening as a patient shares memories
- Filling in to give a family caregiver a short, needed break
- Providing administrative support to the Hospice Advantage office
- Help with Community Outreach Events and Fundraising
- Running errands, performing light housekeeping chores
- Visiting lonely hospice patients in nursing homes
- Reading, playing games, listening to music with a patient
Requirements- Prefer student with experience in healthcare delivery system
- Perform well in environment that values compassion, helpfulness, patience, and resourcefulness
- 2 Step TB screening (will accepted facility documents)
- 2 References
- Background check, Drug Test
- Valid Driver's License and Insurance
- Completion of Online Training