Healthcare Administrative AssistantVital Rehabilitation
International Operations Intern-UnpaidCleveland Clinic
Health Care InternWalmart
Document prep clerkDGvault
Health Care InternSKYES
Internship with a pharmaceutical companyThe Standard Distributors
Human Resources InternshipSt. Barnabas Health System
Health Care InternMove ~N~ 4Ward L.L.C.
Hospital Outreach + Zumba Relationship ManagerBookmark This
1 PENN PLAZA 6th Floor
New York, NY
Posted: September 02 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionYou are invited to join us for an amazing internship experience that will change many lives, including your own.
Founded in 2001, Soaringwords is a New York City based nonprofit organization. Its mission is to lessen the negative impact of serious illness by embracing hospitalized children, families and staff, encouraging positive health and healing. Soaringwords provides fun, creative and educational activities both in person and online based on positive psychology concepts that enhance well-being. Soaringwords is unique because it is the only organization that motivates ill children and their families to “pay it forward” which fosters altruism, reciprocity, empathy, well-being and resilience. (www.soaringwords.org)
Since November of 2012 we have been sharing free monthly Zumba® Fitness classes in pediatric hospitals around the country. The overwhelming positive reaction from every hospitalized child, their Moms and Dads, and all of the hardworking nurses and hospital professionals inspired us to expand this successful initiative to hospitals worldwide.
Hundreds of licensed Zumba® Fitness instructors signed up to lead free monthly classes in pediatric hospitals with Soaringwords activities. At present, we are in more than 60 hospitals and the collaboration is growing rapidly. See a short video of Soaringwords + Zumba at JoeDimaggio Children's Hospital https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV1FRC8LvzU
Responsibilities• Identify a strong Zumba team in each community. Identify reliable team leads. Help trouble shoot to manage the steps and get the classes up and running.
• Manage relationship between Soaringwords and Zumba instructors.
• Introduce "Soaringwords + Zumba" initiative to hospitals around the world.
• Coordinate logistics/act as a concierge to hospital partners and a large database of Zumba Fitness instructors who have signed up to lead free monthly classes for pediatric patients, their families and hospital professionals.
• Manage on-going relationship and logistics: confirmation before and after each monthly class, review and archive monthly feedback forms from Zumba leaders and hospital partners.
• Manage daily social media posts in a strategic and opportunistic way to build momentum for Soaringwords’ positive psychology based initiatives,
• Maintain accurate and current records of sales calls, hospital partners, Zumba personnel, and other necessary data.
Requirements• Written and verbal skills to support tasks of the position.
• Able to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
• Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel and social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter.
• Able to speak and work well with others and as part of a team.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately and we will send you an application.
Positions open now.