MEDICAL / SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH INTERNGlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK)
Internship/Histotechnician/Dermatology/Mohs/Medical/HT/HTLMohs Pros, Inc
Healthcare CaseworkerHOUSEpital Co.
Videographer for weekly Youtube Show.Integrated Benefit Consultants
Marketing InternPark Smiles NYC
Supplemental InsuranceFamily Heritage Life
Social Media & Community Management InternVestibular Disorders Association
Administrative InternBookmark This
Awakening Excellence Adult Day Health Center
1208A VFW Parkway, Suite 107
West Roxbury, MA
Posted: March 10 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Paid internship with flexible hours
This position is a 6 to 12 month engagement
10-15 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Why Awakening Excellence ?
•Learn about adult day programs
•Gain experience in a busy healthcare setting
•Develop administrative and customer service skills
•Interface with patients, physicians, insurance companies, and hospital administrative staff
At Awakening Excellence Adult Day Health Center, we want to awaken a sense of dignity in the quality of life of our seniors. With an international, multilingual appeal, we provide a diverse community where seniors can come, spend the day and be pampered. Our highest priority, is to provide the highest level of care. At Awakening Excellence, your care is "crown" care.
Internship position will provide both hands-on and administrative experience
ResponsibilitiesIntern Duties/Responsibilities may include:
- Assist team with therapeutic activities
- Participate in senior fitness / activities
- Create, implement, and publicize program/special events
- Create or update Excel or Access databases related to membership, referral sources, program instructor, community partners, advertising opportunities, etc
- Assist in maintaining monthly newsletter
- Distribute flyers in the community and identify strategies to increase awareness of center programs and events
- Assist Program Director and/or Activity Director with administrative duties
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, recognition, and program retention
- Evaluate programs and events and make recommendations for enhancement
- Assist in maintaining social media pages for the Senior Center and send electronic marketing blasts
- Act as an ambassador around the center to promote programs and events
Requirements- Prefer student with experience in senior care,
- Perform well in environment that values compassion, helpfulness, patience, and resourcefulness
- Haitian-Creole language capability a PLUS!