Medical Intern, Part time 20 hours a weekBookmark This
Jayakar Medical Group
525 South Drive
Mountain View, CA
Posted: May 25 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJayakar Medical Group
Exciting opportunity for an aspiring medical student to assist in the treatment of injured workers in the heart of Silicon Valley as part of a busy Workers Comp Physical Medicine, Pain Management, Sports Medicine and Occupational Medicine Practice in Mountain View and Redwood City. We set an unprecedented standard of patient care and an edifying, intuitive work environment for our employees. Our “Patient-First” philosophy and 29 years of experience in this field has made the founder of this practice Sunita Jayakar, MD, the top-ranked physician for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in the San Francisco Bay Area. You will have the opportunity to work with world-class Physical Medicine and Sports Medicine physicians, see a broad range of musculoskeletal conditions, learn joint examinations, etc. You will learn how to take good histories and do a proper physical exam. Our goal is to provide a friendly environment with high quality healthcare that is better, faster and easier. Previous interns secured admission into top 25 medical schools in the country.
We are looking for students who have already completed their undergraduate studies, have taken their MCAT exam and are taking a "gap" year before they start medical school. This is a full-year internship, not just for the summer.
Responsibilities• Assist physicians as they examine patients
• Use Microsoft Word to enter patient histories, workers comp reports, progress notes
• Write prescriptions, refill medications
• Communicate by phone and email to referrals and fill out work-status forms
• Enter patient information into EMR system
• No call or weekend time required
Please go to www.jayakarmedicalgroup.com for more information.
Requirements• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Strong English Grammar a must
• Quick learner – ability to pick up and comprehend medical terminology quickly
• Friendly and professional with excellent bedside manner
• Flexible work hours
• Ability to work in both Mountain View and Redwood City locations
• High attention to details
• Team player
• Passion for helping others in a healthcare setting
• Efficient typing skills a must – minimum of 70 words per minute
• Plan to apply to medical school
• Spanish speaking a plus
* Already completed undergraduate studies
* Already taken the MCAT exam