Data Entry ClerkSpacelabs
Research InternHeart of All Women / Northwell Health
Social Media & Community Management InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Healthcare Intern (3 DAYS/WEEK) DIRECT PATIENT CAREPulmonary Rehabilitation Associates, LLC
Customer Services - Human Resource SupportUnited Medical Centers
Accounting InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Public Relations/Marketing InternshipCapital Caring
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Fresenius) full-time permanentBookmark This
Posted: October 27 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
Functions as part of the hemodialysis health care team in providing safe and effective dialysis therapy for patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse in accordance with FMCNA policies, procedures, and training and in compliance with regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal agencies. Responsible for the setup and operation of hemodialysis machines. Assist in the maintenance of a safe and clean working environment. Supports the FMCNA commitment to the Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) and CQI Activities, including those related to patient satisfaction and actively participates in process improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve the FMC Quality Enhancement Goals (QEP).
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
• Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
• Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
• Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
ResponsibilitiesPRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Assist other health care members in providing patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy measures where appropriate - Online Clearance Monitoring (OLC), Adequacy Monitoring Program (AMP), Urea Kinetic Modeling (UKM), and regarding disease process/access.
• Welcome assigned patients and inquire as to their wellbeing since their last treatment. Report any complaints or observations to the nurse supervisor.
• Evaluate vascular access for patency and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
• Obtain necessary pre and post treatment vital signs and weight. Report unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
• Perform vascular access evaluation pre-treatment and report unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
• Perform vascular access cannulation and report any difficulties in cannulation or unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
• Perform administration of Heparin as delegated or as allowed by state law.
• Initiate dialysis treatment according to prescribed orders including blood flow (QB) and dialysate flow (QD).
• Evaluate intradialytic problems and provide intervention as prescribed by physician order or as directed.
• Monitor patients’ response to dialysis therapy and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
• Obtain vital signs prior to reinfusion; perform all relevant functions necessary for the discontinuation of treatment - document.
• Discontinue dialysis treatment according to established procedures,
• Evaluate patient prior to termination of venous access - standing & sitting blood pressure.
• Obtain Hemostasis and apply appropriate dressings.
• Evaluate the patient for prior to discharge and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
• Perform and record Pre and Post dialysis evaluation, weight and vital signs with initial identification.
• Responsible for calculating and entry of individual patients’ dialysis machine programming for Ultrafiltration (UF) goal; treatment time; Sodium (Na) modeling; and UF modeling as prescribed.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate safety alarms are enabled, including Narrow Venous Limits (NVL) 160.
• Record accurate and timely information regarding vital signs and treatment parameters onto the Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet with initial identification.
• Responsible for accurate documentation of information related to patient treatment including completion of Hemodialysis Treatment Sheet and, if applicable, progress notes.
• Report any significant information and/or change in patient condition directly to the nurse supervisor.
• Observe patient, and conduct machine safety checks according to facility policy. Report any change or unusual findings to the nurse supervisor.
• Perform and document any intervention for unusual patient status and document patients' response to intervention.
• Evaluate patients’ vascular access during treatment including arterial and venous monitori
• Center for Medicaid/Medicare Services (CMS)-approved state and/or national certification or High School diploma or G.E.D. and must meet certification requirements within the required state or CMS timeline.
• All appropriate state licensure, education and training (if any) required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
• Previous patient care experience in a hospital setting or related facility preferred.
• Employees have to meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
• Continued employment is dependent on successful completion of the FMCNA dialysis training program and successful completion of CPR certification.