Marketing InternHuman Function Physical Therapy
Healthcare Software Implementation Intern - Internship to PermanentOpenClinica
Data Entry ClerkAmazon.com_Inc
Per Hour Correspondent Clerk With Remote Assistant SkillsAlembic Pharmaceuticals
Administrative Intern and Medical Assistant Intern - Private Concierge Medical PracticePink Link Medical
Intern - Clinical Programs PolicyMolina Healthcare Inc.
Project Assistant VolunteerBookmark This
Front Porch Center for Innovation and Wellbeing
800 North Brand Blvd
Posted: July 20 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Front Porch Center for Innovation and Wellbeing (FPCIW) explores the innovative uses of technology to empower individuals to live well, especially in their later years. FPCIW works collaboratively with all stakeholders and in partnership with funding sources, researchers and technology partners.
The Model eHealth Community for Aging project (MeHCA) focuses on deploying health-related, technology-based activities for a diverse population of senior and disabled residents of the Los Angeles Koreatown neighborhood. The volunteer will provide training, coordination, and support at affordable housing communities to ensure the goals of the MeHCA project are met to support the transition to technology-enabled healthcare among seniors, the disabled, and project partners.
a. Promote resident participation in project-related activities that will include designing and posting flyers, speaking with residents, and ensuring activity attendance.
b. Provide as-needed written and verbal translation services.
c. Nurture the development of community leaders to support project activities.
a. Provide technical assistance in connecting the site to workshop presentations.
b. Research and provide health-based resources on the Internet for English and Korean learners.
a. Participate in bi-weekly team calls.
b. Distribute, collect, and enter data from surveys following each activity.
c. Document activities and events through photos, notes, and other observations.
Time Commitment and Pay
This is an unpaid, part-time volunteer position for 3-5 hours/week once a week during regular workday hours, as agreed upon between the volunteer and the FPCTIW staff.
Prefer a minimum 6 month commitment! Must be available at the hours of 8 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday. There's also an occasional Saturday depending on the events.
RequirementsSkills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills; ability to verbally express ideas assertively, clearly.
• Ability to teach technology to community members and colleagues with diverse backgrounds and technology proficiency.
• Ability to develop strategic direction and also parcel objectives into short-term tasks.
• Excellent organizational skills to determine workload priorities to enable timely completion of tasks; ability to work effectively and independently under pressure with a minimum of direction.
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with others to secure necessary information and cooperation from a variety of people.
• Korean/English bi-lingual skills helpful.
• Must reside within 20 miles of 90005 zip codes.