Public Relations Intern - UnpaidBookmark This
The Tree of Health Center
55 Newton Sparta Rd, Unit 107
Posted: August 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPublic Relations Intern will create new releases, media alerts and fact sheets, do community outreach, work with ongoing media and develop additional media relationships. This Intern will work closely with the Marketing Manager as well as the rest of the Marketing Team.
OUR VISION: A Universal Retreat and Healing Arts Center
OUR MISSION: To create a safe space where everyone feels accepted and respected as they are. We know each person is beautiful, gifted and deserves to live a full and balanced life. Our center offers classes and services to help you succeed, with the best teachers and healers to educate and serve your growth. Our goal is to create a cycle of success for all who experience "The Tree of Heath Center."
Responsibilities• Create and proof public relations materials: news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, status reports, other materials as directed
• Develop and maintain media relations
• Assist with the development and updating of media lists and other databases
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of information, assist with the management of destination lists, coordination of email, mailing or broadcast activities; conduct appropriate follow up
• Assist with media event planning activities and arrangements
• Coordinate with TTOHC team to ensure that all communications have consistent message and maintain brand
• Assist with the distribution of TTOHC marketing materials
• Participate in client meetings, presentations and brainstorming sessions as directed
• Data output in the form of letters, data lists and other reports as requested by TTOHC staff
• Assist with the management of outside vendors to successfully complete outside work
Requirements• Pursuing a degree, certification or recent graduate in Public Relations, Communications or other related program; cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Excellent writing skills including syntax, usage, and creativity
• Excellent grammatical, spelling, proofreading abilities
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications, Internet, and e-mail applications
• Comfortable working individually and on team based projects
• Strong work ethic and acute attention to detail.
• Organized, self motivated, energetic and dependable team player
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• 7-10 hours weekly, and attend weekly marketing meetings