Editorial / Journalism Intern or Education Major InternBookmark This
Target Evolution Entrepreneurship Institute
DescriptionWe are improving economic conditions in the DFW metroplex and surrounding areas, and increase the number of successful business owners working together to mentor young aspiring entrepreneurs.
Our online educational institution is a nine month academic program focusing on recent high school and college graduates, continuing education adults, and the unemployed. The curricula provides students with a quality post secondary institute education and the tools needed to begin a sustainable business enterprise, such as incorporation, office space, computers, business & marketing plans, website, business cards, graphic design, and a business coach/mentor.
It is a fact that entrepreneurs create jobs and contribute greatly to economic vitality. Therefore, it is necessary to equip young adults with the tools necessary to survive through any economic times and achieve the successful, purpose-driven life of their dreams. This education will give them the knowledge necessary to pursue entrepreneurial endeavors, find complete independence, and freedom to follow their dreams, living life to the fullest.
We are scheduled to began advertising in late fall of 2014, began student enrollment in December 2014, and began classes January 12, 2015.
Responsibilities-Intern will assist our Academic Affairs department in creating curriculum and course syllabi for our institute.
- Assist with editorial projects
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in education, educational organization/development/leadership, journalism, public relations, English, or business communications
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance