Food and Beverage Intern / Trainee 12 months (ONLY)

Bookmark This


For over 25 years, The American Hospitality Academy (AHA) has specialized in developing thousands of students worldwide for employment and leadership positions in the hospitality industry.

Our 5 Star Advantage
«J1 Placement at AHA’s Premier Resorts of the United States
Meet participants from around the world and experience an online multi cultural learning community
Cultural exchange with team members, guests and local community
Earn USA Credential through AHA’s Professional Development Certificate
Achieve a competitive edge to succeed in today’s global marketplace

Premier Placement Include:
Casa Marina-A Waldorf Astoria Resort- Key West, FL
Marriott - Marco Island Golf and Resort and Spa
JW Marriott - Miami, FL
Hilton - Hilton Head Island, SC
Park Hyatt - Washington DC
JW Marriott - Long Island, NY
Westin - Chicago, IL
Westin - New Orleans, LA
Wyndham - Orlando, FL
Crowne Plaza - Atlanta, GA
Kingston Plantation - Myrtle Beach, SC


Students will follow a progressive training plan, rotating though all the different areas of the Food and Beverage position at the restaurant.


International Applicant Eligibility

This is for graduates or undergraduates.

Students must have at least 6 months Food and Beverage experience.

Through AHA' sponsorship, participants can enter the United States on a J-1 Visa and complete a structured hospitality program lasting up to 12 months. This program consists of two categories, J-1 Intern or J-1 Trainee. Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements for at least one of these programs:

J-1 Intern

Non-U.S. Citizen
18 years of age or older
Proficient in English
Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a post-secondary academic institution outside of the United States OR has graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to start of program. Subject of study must be directly related to hotel/restaurant management, culinary arts, tourism or leisure management.

J-1 Trainee

Non-U.S. Citizen
18 years of age or older
Proficient in English
Must have a degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience outside the United States OR five years of work experience outside the United States in the desired training field.

How To Apply

Login or Sign Up to apply.

Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.

Report potential scams Go to Trust and Safety Center