Hospitality Internship Program (HIP)Bookmark This
MGM Resorts International
840 Grier Road
Las Vegas, NV
Description**Please note that your application will only be considered if you have completed an online application at www.mgmresortscareers.com and have confirmed receipt of your application with our team at CollegePrograms@mgmresorts.com**
Applications will be open September 1 through December 1. To apply, please complete an employment application as follows:
• Visit our website at www.mgmresortscareers.com
• Select MGM Resorts International Operations
• Click “Go”
• Select Job Search
• Enter keyword Internship
• Click on “Search”
• Identify your specific division of interest
• Click on “Apply Now”
• Complete the application
Please inform us once you have completed your application at CollegePrograms@mgmresorts.com. We will confirm if your application was successfully submitted.
About the Hospitality Internship Program (HIP):
The Hospitality Internship Program (HIP) is an exhilarating and unforgettable 10-week paid internship program that introduces current college students to the exciting world of hospitality starting early June each year. This highly competitive program provides participants a variety of opportunities including professional development, executive exposure, and hands-on learning experiences unlike any other. The best aspect of the program is that it may open doors to post-graduation opportunities like the Management Associate Program and experiences that can only be provided by a global industry leader like MGM Resorts International.
Hospitality Interns are immersed in an integrated learning environment and are supported by a built-in network of leadership advisors. Interns will:
• Receive personalized learning plans specifically aligned to their goals and development opportunities in their chosen area of concentration.
• Network with Company leaders while attending Resort Knowledge Days, a learning series that provides insight into the complex business strategies of our Las Vegas properties.
• Rotate through one or two departments in order to gain a cross-functional understanding of the MGM Resorts business strategy.
• Participate in MGM Resorts’ Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives by engaging in diversity training, HIP-sponsored philanthropic events, etc.
At MGM Resorts International, Hospitality Interns obtain executive exposure while working on innovative and strategic projects that cross a variety of functional areas. Interns have a concentration in one of the following areas:
• Human Resources
• Food & Beverage
• Casino/Slot Marketing
• Hotel/Convention Sales
• Information Technology
• Casino/Slot Operations
• Hotel Operations
• Advertising/Public Relations
• Interactive/Brand Marketing
ResponsibilitiesFor two consecutive years, MGM Resorts International has been rated in the Universum® Top 100 Most Ideal™ Employers for Undergraduate and Graduate students (#44 and #63, respectively). We are also rated #1 in DiversityInc’s Top 10 Regional Companies for best diversity practices.
• Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
• At least 1 year of cumulative work and/or internship experience.
• Must be at least 21 years of age prior to the program’s start on in early June.
• Currently enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree at an accredited college or university.
• Have an expected graduation between August 2015 and December 2016.
• Currently hold and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher on a United States 4.0 scale.
• Participate in the full length of the Hospitality Internship Program of 10 weeks.
• Ability to submit University-issued transcripts, audition tapes, and essays upon request.
• Ability to obtain a Gaming License, Food Handler’s Card, or other certificates and licenses on-own if required.
• Participate in courses recommended by MGM Resorts University.
• Provide own housing and transportation to and from work.
• Work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Possess intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Ability to deliver exceptional guest service and work independently.
• Possess effective decision-making and listening abilities with strong judgment skills.
• Excellent organizational skills to function reasonably under time constraints and within established deadlines.
• Possess attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, and establish and maintain an effective professional working relationship with employees.
• Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
• At least 1 year of work experience in consumer products, hospitality, advertising, marketing, and/or brand management.
• At least 1 year of volunteer and/or active student organization leadership experience.
• Currently hold and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher on a United States 4.0 scale.
• Demonstrated analytical ability with strong communication skills.
• Project orientation and ability to handle simultaneous functions.
• Proven effectiveness working in a demanding, entrepreneurial environment.
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, and self-motivated.