2014 Property Management Summer Intern (Boston)Bookmark This
72 Staniford Street
DescriptionEquity Residential is seeking motivated and personable college students or graduating seniors with an interest in real estate for a summer internship at our West End property in Boston located at 72 Staniford Street. Our structured Property Management Internship program is designed to provide you with industry insight through real-life exposure to property management operations and corporate functions.
The Equity Residential Intern will have the opportunity to learn about the property management industry and apartment leasing business from the ground up, with an emphasis on sales and customer service. The Summer Intern will experience many facets of our business through job shadowing and an on-the-job training rotation which includes the sales process, building relationships, creating excitement, the property management leasing cycle and pricing, financial performance, and more. In addition, the intern will have the opportunity to participate in one of Equity Residential’s award-winning training classes, tour corporate locations, and more. The intern will leave the program with a strong sense of how a successful apartment leasing business operates and hopefully with a desire to join the Equity Residential team after graduation.
This is a paid 6-10 week internship with the following qualifications:
• Currently attending a college or university in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program preferably in a Business, Real Estate, or Marketing discipline.
• Interested in a career in the property management business.
• Basic computer proficiency.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and communication skills.
• Prior experience in leasing, sales, or hospitality a plus.
• Current juniors or above preferred; graduating seniors welcome!