Wedding Planning and Floral Design InternChevrons and Champagne
Training and Development InternshipAlicart Restaurant Group
Savanti Travel :: Internship at fast growing travel startup in SFSavanti Travel
Corporate Hospitality InternVineyard Nantucket Resorts
Event Coordinator Intern *Immediate*Free Range Office
Intern Admin Officers/EngineersMarriott
Paid Marketing InternHello Scout, Inc.
Front desk assistanceManhattan Broadway Hotel
Catering AssistantBookmark This
Savory Gourmet Catering
5724 Lafayette Place
Posted: September 22 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description(MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN A HOTEL & RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT, HOSPITALITY
MANAGEMENT, FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM)
Savory Gourmet Catering & Events is seeking a highly motivated Intern for a Catering Assistant position to
work directly with the Sales Department, assisting them with all related event sales, event coordination
and administrative support using our catering software CaterEase. Successful Candidates will enjoy a fast
paced, result oriented atmosphere while remaining patient and flexible. This is a 20hr. a week position.
This position will assist students planning a career in Catering, Hospitality or Restaurant Management.
Key Competencies: Integrity of character, excellent collaboration skills, good communication skills –
written and verbal, planning and organizing self and others, problem assessment and solving skills, self-
starter, efficient, productive, attention to detail and accuracy, flexibility, adaptable to personalities, team
player, customer service orientated, patient, multi-tasker and not afraid to ask questions. The candidate
should be an entrepreneur at heart and have a willingness to grow with the company.
ResponsibilitiesThe position requires a wide range of administrative and office support activities for a growing catering
sales operation. Responsibilities is required with, but is not limited to the following:
• Event proposals
• Customer support
• Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
• Social media and marketing support
• Experience with QuickBooks helpful but not required
• Cold calling companies and researching/updating contact information for current accounts daily
• Preparing sales packets
• Responding to emails while Sales Manager is out on appointments
• Creating contact sheets for companies and vendors
• Inputting contact emails into mailing system
• Researching new venues and venue managers for CSM to contact
• Sending out follow up surveys to all tasting appointments
• Other duties as assigned by CSM and Director
• Currently enrolled in a Hospitality Program is a MUST.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Some knowledge or experience with CaterEase is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; stellar interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift and carry boxes and supplies
• Ability to type at least 40 wpm
• Proficient operation of photocopier, fax machine, scanner, and binding equipment
• ServSafe Classroom Training and ServSafe Certification a plus, ability to learn and maintain a --
ServSafeÂ® Certification if not already trained
• Ability to remain proactive, resourceful and flexible in a fast-paced work environment
• Excellent work ethic including, high results-orientation, attention to detail, strong customer focus,
excellent initiative, and an exemplary level of professionalism
• Must have own form of transportation
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office Applications
Preferred - Caterease