Incentive/Corporate Travel InternshipAmerican Guest USA
NYC Leader at a Social Impact StartupVisit.org
Wedding Planning and Floral Design InternChevrons and Champagne
Training and Development InternshipAlicart Restaurant Group
Savanti Travel :: Internship at fast growing travel startup in SFSavanti Travel
Corporate Hospitality InternVineyard Nantucket Resorts
Event Coordinator Intern *Immediate*Free Range Office
Intern Admin Officers/EngineersMarriott
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
The Brewster Inn
6 Ledyard Ave
Posted: May 20 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOur company is a restaurant and inn located on the southern shore of Cazenovia Lake in New York. We are a DiRoNa (Distinguished Restaurants of North America) and Wine Spectator Award winning restaurant. Although our company has been around for 30 years, we are going through re-branding efforts and would like an interested, excited, and creative intern to be a part of this process.
Within this internship, you will work directly under the marketing and PR director to create and execute unique graphic campaigns. This internship will cover web design, social media graphics, printed graphics (signs / event layouts / advertising materials), e-newletter graphics, video graphics, and more.
Depending on the interest of the intern, they can learn the many facets of running a hotel, restaurant, and wedding venue. They will be invited to test their hand at public relations, blogger relations, social media, full service marketing, photography, video editing and event planning if they desire to do so. They will be able to see their efforts unfold into polished results.
Although the internship is unpaid, we may be able to offer paid opportunities in other areas of the hotel and restaurant should the intern be interested in such.
This is a face-paced yet fun and exciting environment to work in!
*Some internship responsibilities may be able to be done remotely if desired*
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Assisting in the creating of attractive wedding packet for potential customers
- Will use graphic ability to create engaging and attractive social media posts, layouts and backgrounds.
- Will be able to have creative imput on the graphic re-branding of a 30 year old company -- great work for portfolios!
- May work with our website designer to create a cohesive web presence that matches our new graphics look.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
- Will work closely with on-site marketing and PR person to create content and graphics for our monthly newsletter.
- May assist with other creative elements including photography and video
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback