Incentive/Corporate Travel InternshipAmerican Guest USA
NYC Leader at a Social Impact StartupVisit.org
Wedding Planning and Floral Design InternChevrons and Champagne
Training and Development InternshipAlicart Restaurant Group
Savanti Travel :: Internship at fast growing travel startup in SFSavanti Travel
Corporate Hospitality InternVineyard Nantucket Resorts
Event Coordinator Intern *Immediate*Free Range Office
Intern Admin Officers/EngineersMarriott
Hospitality CommunicationsBookmark This
1305 Kalahari Drive
Wisconsin Dells, WI
Posted: May 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionKalahari Resorts & Conventions is committed to developing tomorrow’s hospitality leaders. We provide a unique opportunity that could lead to a future career at one of our three current resorts, or upcoming projects! Our internships are categorized into five different experiences - Hospitality Overview, Supervisor & Leader, Culinary, Hospitality Communications or Manager-In-Training. The programs are currently offered in: Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin | Sandusky, Ohio | Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania.
Why Choose Kalahari Resorts & Conventions?
As the leader in the waterpark industry, Kalahari has been known as an innovator. As a family-owned company, you’ll get a chance to feel the presence of the family and their passion for hospitality, plus learn the inner-workings of a successful entrepreneurial brand. You could even make a difference that becomes part of ongoing corporate policy.
To feel the brand, you must live the culture. You need to see the sense of urgency by which effective leaders live. It’s all an aligned effort to push the envelope and grow the brand – one Beyond Expectations moment at a time.
We’ll immerse you in specific University of Kalahari training, expose you to new adventures and involve you in manager functions. We’re so much more than the #WorldsCoolestWaterparks!
Length of Program
The Hospitality Overview and Supervisor & Leader program can begin at any time and end at any time, but must be at least 60 shifts. Selected students will discuss their availability of dates prior to acceptance. Culinary internships/externships may vary greatly, based on the requirements of the institution. Hospitality Communications and the Manager-In-Training positions are (1) year in length.
Hours will be varied and students will need to be available to work 40-hours per week with open availability. During an interview, positions may be - at times - offered on the spot. This internship is paid, and the expectation is that this would be your only job.
Interns, except Culinary Interns, will be required to complete a project - sometimes on their own time - and present their findings to management. Your chosen project will detail areas for revenue growth, potential cost savings or an opportunity to affect the guest experience.
ResponsibilitiesIn addition to basic hospitality, front office and call center training, you'll be entered into a 30-hour leadership course. The course, offered through the University of Kalahari, helps set the stage to for future growth opportunities by focusing on Kalahari Resorts' Supervisory Prep Program. The goal of this internship is to experience multiple departments, where verbal and written communication is key.
VIEW OUR PASSION HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEomBUcdKxg
KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE: Must be proficient in Windows software.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: College course work in related field and/or experience in a hotel or resort helpful.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required, that could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Work involves sitting and working at a computer monitor. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time.
• Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a computer, printer, calculator, copy, and fax machines.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly and have a willingness to make decisions.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by Associates, Supervisors, Department Heads, Senior Management, and guests.
• Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations; and maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
• Must be able to treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly; with the ability to change your approach or method to best fit the situation during frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Ability to identify and solve problems in a timely manner; analyzing information quickly, and have the ability to reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; responding empathetically but with resort profitability and operational needs in mind.
• Ability to listen to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control and remaining open to others’ ideas.
RequirementsONLY AVAILABLE IN WISCONSIN DELLS, WISCONSIN
This is a hands-on working internship, open to students ranging from incoming freshman to recently those graduated within the last year. Early in the experience, you will be expected to engage with guests and perform the job functions of a hospitality associate in a front office environment (front desk, PBX, concierge, bell services) or in our Kalahari Experience Center (incoming call center).
Housing & Transportation
Kalahari Resorts does not provide housing, but through community relationships, there are very affordable options. Resort staff can assist you through the housing search and in finding a roommate, if you desire.
Wisconsin: Dorm-style housing is available about 8 miles from the resort, at a nearby college (UW-Baraboo). Additionally, the Wisconsin Dells Visitor & Convention Bureau hosts an updated file on their website with other available local options.
It will be necessary to have reliable transportation.