Hospitality Events & Administrative Internship in Popular Noho LoungeBookmark This
New York, NY
Posted: December 30 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPopular Noho lounger Sweetwater Social, is seeking a talented, restaurant & bar industry impassioned intern to help aid the sales team in administrative and marketing efforts for our busy speakeasy cocktail lounge.
The Event Planning & Administrative intern will play an administrative role in the planning and coordination of Sweetwater Social’s events. As an Event Planning intern you will work with the sales team, responsible for putting together detailed plans to execute a full line-up of events. Intern will learn every aspect of event planning including, but are not limited to: communication with clients, event execution and other duties as assigned. You will learn the ins and outs of our business and how to plan and execute successful events in a high volume lounge based in New York City.
Responsibilities• Daily administrative tasks delegated by Events Director (filing, phone calls, prospecting emails, data entry)
• Assist in planning and coordination of Sweetwater Social events in all outlets
• All other duties approved by supervisor.
The candidate must be able to work independently. The event-planning intern is hands-on and will require working as part of a team. You will need to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear, effective communication, critical thinking, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Student at an accredited university or college
• Demonstrates an ability to effectively manage several tasks at once
• Responsible, highly organized and able to track and meet deadlines consistently
• Has a keen knowledge of existing and emerging social networking landscape
• Superior written and verbal communications skills
• Great organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at various levels