Hospitality Operations InternshipBookmark This
212 Front St.
New York, NY
Posted: October 31 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGrowing NYC-based hospitality group is seeking a driven intern to join our team at our headquarter office located in the Financial District. Ours is a young, successful company currently undergoing an exciting expansion phase over the next few years. Our current and future lines of business include: restaurants, cafes, catering, special events, and entertainment. The intern will have the opportunity to experience many facets of the hospitality business
We are looking for someone who will assist with: general administration duties, company-wide inventory and ordering system, regular supplier evaluation process, cost/benefit analysis, and human resource management.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will participate in the following:
• Break down dishes into detailed recipes and calculate food costs
• Review and refine employee manual
• Analyze POS data, produce regular reports and identify gaps to be filled (i.e. cost prices), and ways to improve efficiency and productivity
• Enter and manage data on Quickbooks
• Analyze financial data and recommend best operational practices
• Participate in collaborative creative brainstorming sessions
• Help develop a group-wide comprehensive business plan and implementation plan
• Work on special projects and day-to-day tasks
RequirementsThe right candidate should meet the following requirements:
• Personal characteristics: a passion for the hospitality business, entrepreneurial spirit, great drive, excellent organizational and people skills, and all-around solid work ethics.
• Education: currently pursuing a graduate degree in Business or related analytical fields (Hospitality, Business Admin, Operations, Economics, Finance, Statistics, etc.)
• Other: knowledge of ins-and-outs of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and proficiency in Mac OS X