Hospitality Intern/Event Planning InternPozent Corporation
MiamI Beach Hotel InternshipThe Alexander Hotel
Oceanfront Resort InternshipThe Alexander Hotel
Private Events InternGranada Theater
Entry Level - Sales / Marketing / Consulting - Training ProvidedLakeview Consultants
Seeking energetic chefGreenhouse Cafe and Tavern
Portuguese Resrvation Agent for Int'l Travel WholesalerCTN TOURS, Inc
Operations InternshipCamp No Counselors
Hospitality/ Restaurant Expo InternBookmark This
Hanover Township Senior Services
240 S. IL Route 59
Posted: January 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Hospitality/ Restaurant Intern will work with the Program Manager to provide a link between the back of the house and front of the house operations of the Stars-N-Stripes Café. The position insures quality food service is provided to our senior clients through communication with volunteer wait staff, cashiers, and the Head Chef.
Responsibilities- Communicate and act as a liaison between the Front of the House (FOH) and Back of the House (BOH)
- Ability to listen to staff, volunteers and guests needs
- Assist in the execution of FOH responsibilities
- Attend division staff meetings
- Insure that volunteers and personnel adhere to sanitation procedures set out by the IL Division of Public Health, Cook County, the Village of Bartlett, and the Hanover Township Senior Center in order to maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen environment at all times.
- Maintain and up date schedules for volunteer wait staff & cashiers
- Learn and properly use My Senior Center Software
Requirements- Perusing a degree in Hospitality, Culinary or related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development equivalent
- Enjoy the company of mature adults and understand their generational gaps and differences
- Knowledge of basic sanitation procedures
SkillsRequired - Restaurant Management, Volunteer Management, Culinary Management
Preferred - Bilingual-English/Spanish