Wedding Planning and Floral Design InternChevrons and Champagne
Training and Development InternshipAlicart Restaurant Group
Savanti Travel :: Internship at fast growing travel startup in SFSavanti Travel
Corporate Hospitality InternVineyard Nantucket Resorts
Event Coordinator Intern *Immediate*Free Range Office
Intern Admin Officers/EngineersMarriott
Paid Marketing InternHello Scout, Inc.
Front desk assistanceManhattan Broadway Hotel
Human Resources Internship (November Start)Bookmark This
The Broadmoor Hotel
1 Lake Ave
Colorado Springs, CO
Posted: August 24 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSummary: Train on all duties pertaining to the Human Resources function. This includes but is not limited to recruitment, training, risk management, benefits, and employee relations. Intern will spend half of their internship in the training office and the other half in the employment office.
NOTE: This is an unpaid internship and must be recognized by intern’s collegiate institution as academic credit towards his/her chosen degree. There are part-time and full-time internships available. Part-time internships entail 20-32 hours per week for 4-5 months and full-time internships entail 32-40 hours per week for 2-3 months.
Training will include the following and other training may be assigned:
• Train on Infinium, our applicant and employee database, and will perform data entry to include: applicants, new hires, training requests, history and reports
• Train on the application and employment process and will learn to conduct interviews
• Assist with sorting and reviewing of applications, scheduling interviews, and answering applicant questions
• Train on how to perform reference checks
• Train on creation and distribution of job postings
• Assist with preparing for orientation and onboarding of new hires
• May assist with employment and training teams with various projects
• Gain an overview on the hotel training process
• Assist training team with set-up of training rooms and packaging of training materials
• Train to facilitate property tour for orientation groups
• Assist with employee events or activities
• Assist the Training and Communications Specialist with the creation and editing of our monthly employee newsletter
• Assist with maintaining and updating The Broadmoor Employment social media sites which includes Facebook and Twitter
• Assist the International Recruiting Manager with preparing training plans and student arrival
• May have the opportunity to learn how to conduct worker’s comp investigations and file appropriate paperwork
• May have the opportunity to shadow the Benefits Manager to become familiar with different benefits packages and information pertaining to FMLA
• Assist the HR Generalist with one employee appreciation event if available
• Assist the Recruitment Specialist, Training and Communications Specialist, and Human Resources Coordinator with filing and desk coverage as necessary
• May have the opportunity to assist the Executive Administrative Assistant with compiling budget information
• Intern may also shadow additional departments in the hotel when possible
• Promote the hotel through participation in the community organizations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working toward a Bachelor's Degree from a college or university in the area of Human Resources, Business or Hospitality Management. Ability to work independently and in a team environment, multi-task and attention to detail.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Database software
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds; up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.